Apocrypha Reverse Interlinear

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 37
Lee Webb | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 21 2012 1:54 PM

I just received the download of the NRSV Apocrypha Reverse Interlinear, but when I open the NRSV and go to an Apocryphal book, the info does not show up.  I have the "Show in-line" checked on the Display pull-down.  There is a blank space between the lines, but no in-text or below. Right clicking the word also does not give any of the Greek  options. Is anyone else having this problem or have any suggestions?

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 21 2012 2:33 PM

Lee Webb:

I just received the download of the NRSV Apocrypha Reverse Interlinear, but when I open the NRSV and go to an Apocryphal book, the info does not show up.  I have the "Show in-line" checked on the Display pull-down.  There is a blank space between the lines, but no in-text or below. Right clicking the word also does not give any of the Greek  options. Is anyone else having this problem or have any suggestions?

If indexing has not finished, let it finish first as this would be required to see what you want to see.

I also got it (yesterday), and see the rev.int info both in-line and in the bottom rev.int. "ribbon" at 1Maccabees 1:1

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 897
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 21 2012 2:33 PM

I had the same thing happen so I closed Logos and then restarted it and this time the Apocryphal books had Interlinear displays in the bottom window.

Optimistically Egalitarian (Galatians 3:28)

Posts 37
Lee Webb | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 21 2012 4:38 PM

Thanks guys.  I thought I had restarted Logos, but I did a complete reboot and now the interlinear is there.  Thanks again for you help and Merry Christmas!!

Posts 158
Fred | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 21 2012 5:12 PM

I had a surprise, myself, in checking out the reverse interlinear NRSV functionality -- I found that it worked in almost all Apocrypha books, but not in 2 Esdras.  Then I found out that 2 Esdras was last written in Latin, so a Greek wouldn't/shouldn't work, I guess. Smile

Fred

Posts 158
Fred | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 21 2012 5:25 PM

I had a surprise, myself, in checking out the reverse interlinear NRSV functionality, I found that it worked in almost all Apocrypha books, but not in 2 Esdras.  Then I found out that 2 Esdras was last written in Latin, so a Greek wouldn't/shouldn't work, I guess.  :-)

Merry Christmas, everyone.  Pax...

Fred

Posts 158
Fred | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2012 6:18 AM
I had a surprise, myself, in checking out the reverse interlinear NRSV functionality, I found that it worked in almost all Apocrypha books, but not in 2 Esdras.  Then I found out that 2 Esdras was last written in Latin, so a Greek wouldn't/shouldn't work, I guess.  :-) Merry Christmas, everyone.  Pax...

Fred

Posts 158
Fred | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2012 6:28 AM

I am sorry for the multiple posts, but I keep getting a server error message ("Sorry, there was a problem with your last request! Either the site is offline or an unhandled error occurred. We apologize and have logged the error. Please try your request again or if you know who your site administrator is let them know too.").  However, I now see that, despite the error message, the posts are going through anyway.  I apologize.

Fred

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2012 8:03 AM

Fred:

I am sorry for the multiple posts, but I keep getting a server error message ("Sorry, there was a problem with your last request! Either the site is offline or an unhandled error occurred. We apologize and have logged the error. Please try your request again or if you know who your site administrator is let them know too.").  However, I now see that, despite the error message, the posts are going through anyway.  I apologize.

This has been happening a lot lately.

If I get it here after posting, but browser 'back' button can get me to see if I posted or not (takes a couple of clicks).

BTW, if you're quick enough, click "More" and select "Delete" for a post you don't want. Note that this only works for a short amount of time (not sure how long), and only if no one responded to your post.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 158
Fred | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2012 8:09 AM

Hi, Richard.

Yes, I tried to delete the extra messages, but it was already too late.

Well, if that's the worst thing I do today, I guess it'll be a good day overall - {grin}.

Pax...

Fred

Posts 5321
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2012 2:14 PM

Fred:

Then I found out that 2 Esdras was last written in Latin, so a Greek wouldn't/shouldn't work, I guess.  :-)

It;s a hodgepodge of works… some were in greek most latin, it would be nice to have it linked to original languages but I do think it's a bit like Enoch we just don't have much of the original text just the translations.

-Dan

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS