Page 1 of 3 (48 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 47 Replies | 11 Followers

Posts 6
Rev. Reyes de Gonzalez | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 25 2012 12:23 PM

Will we finally get a windows phone app?  I only have a windows 8 smartphone and I feel deprived

Posts 51
Preacherman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 26 2012 4:34 PM

Man I hear you...I want to have LOGOS ported to Windows Phone 8 too (Lumia 920)...Come on team logos! Please tell us WP8 users that you are at least considering the port!Cool

Posts 20
Vincent Xavier Shaw | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 27 2012 2:06 AM

Ditto.  Windows Phones are up 4000% in sales from last year.  I'd love Logos if they'd let my Lumia 920 run...

Posts 7
Scott Heine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 27 2012 11:06 AM

Yup yup yup! Another Lumia 920 user here that would be really happy to see a Logos app for our devices.

Posts 370
James Chandler | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 28 2012 8:38 AM

I believe there is a Logos App for Windows 8.

In Him,

Jim

Running on ASUS Windows 10 I7 24 gig of ram, 1 Terabyte drive.

Philippians 2:3 Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.

Posts 149
Bob Schaefer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 28 2012 8:53 AM

Hi, Jim...

Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 are separate (but related) platforms. The appearance of a Windows 8 app is encouraging, and suggests that Windows Phone users might see an app in the future.

Two caveats:

1. The Windows 8 app is still quite slow, buggy and rudimentary. I find it unusable. I would almost rather Logos have nothing in the app store than to tarnish their reputation with an app that's so clearly pre-alpha. Let's hope that when a Windows Phone app appears, it's approaching the same level of quality as what we find on other mobile platforms, and not an embarrassment.
  2. Apps that are developed for Windows Phone 7 will also work on Windows Phone 8. Apps developed specifically for WP8 are not backwards compatible. Since there's a significant WP7 audience (myself included), I'm hoping Logos will choose the first route.

Posts 6
Rev. Reyes de Gonzalez | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 28 2012 3:37 PM
I also own a Lumia 920
Posts 1
Love Conquers | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2013 12:18 PM

Yes please make a very good (willing to wait) WP app.

Posts 1690
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 2 2013 9:27 AM

We have an early version of a Windows 8 RT app in the app store now (BIble!), but we haven't had the resources to work on a Windows Phone 8 version yet.

We're also continuing to observe market share, and whether or not Windows Phone 8 gets a significant share of the market will probably influence our decision to invest, or not invest, more resources in this platform. Either way, a decision (and app) are probably many months away.

Sorry I don't have a better answer right now!

-- Bob

Posts 66
Christopher S Macy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 2 2013 11:06 AM

I can completely understand.

I have the Win8 Phone and the Surface RT. I love my phone, but I would much rather have Logos on my Surface! I know you guys are doing a lot and that it takes money to get these Apps going, so I just want to thank you and I look forward to the apps you do produce for Logos in the future!

Loyal customer and Windows Fan!

Posts 6
Rev. Reyes de Gonzalez | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 2 2013 8:19 PM

Thank you for answering.  I know windows 8 is a new platform and it may take time for an app to surface (if it has enough traction).   I am hoping that there is enough growth in the Window 8 phone sector.

Posts 20
Steve Aeschbacher | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2013 9:00 AM

Thanks Bob.  We are looking forward to more Logos support on the Windows platform!  Appreciate your work on that. 

Posts 17
Ken | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 11 2013 2:28 PM

Bob

I would like to add my, "me too please," to the requests for a Windows Phone app.

Ken

Posts 236
Mikko Paavola | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 12 2013 11:41 PM

Hi!

My Lumia 820 is also waiting for Logos. I understand that the US markets are your primary markets and the WP8 is not so popular there as in Europe, but I hope there will be WP8 version for Logos sooner or later. Developing the Win8 metro version should help in developing the WP8 version too.

Faithlife Connect + several Base Packages + Luther's Works, etc.
Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 260, Win 10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6500U, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel HD Graphics 520.
iPhone 7 Plus.

Posts 2736
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 23 2013 10:06 AM

A month ago I changed my iPhone 4 for Lumia 820 with Windows Phone 8 system and am looking forward to seeing Logos on that. It is great OS and I am sure market will accept it very well. Logos should consider it very seriously.

Bohuslav

Posts 23
Christopher Bagley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 2 2013 11:11 AM

Is Logos any closer to releasing an app for Windows Phone 8?

Posts 6
Quintin Ndibongo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 9 2013 1:07 AM

Folks, I've been a decade-long customer of both Logos (on the PC) and Laridian (on the mobile).  I've been following Logos' progressing in developing for the WP platform, and have now lost my support. This week, Laridian released their WP8 app, and it's all I need. 

Posts 2736
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 11 2013 3:05 AM

Quintin Ndibongo:

Folks, I've been a decade-long customer of both Logos (on the PC) and Laridian (on the mobile).  I've been following Logos' progressing in developing for the WP platform, and have now lost my support. This week, Laridian released their WP8 app, and it's all I need. 

If the only thing you need is WP8 Bible application, fine.

I am a little bit more demanding Smile  I need one fully synchronized Bible ecosystem and my WP8 Nokia Lumia 820 should work well as part of that. I can't imagine to go back to the "stone-age" of using separate Bible programs on each platform.

I haven't found any other system than Logos being that fully synced ecosystem. I use PC laptop, iPad, iPhone and now I started to use Nokia Lumia 820 where I need to have just the same we have on iPhone or Android. I hope it makes sense. 

Bohuslav

Posts 6
Quintin Ndibongo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 11 2013 4:19 AM

While not as extensive as the Logos library, Laridian has a sizeable collection - not just Bibles in their ecosystem. Furthermore, they license across platforms (Windows, iOS, Andriod, and now WP). I was pleasantly surprised to see my key PalmOS licenses, from more than a decade ago, were still valid.

I sense that Logos is either counting on WP to fade away (forcibly converting users to iOS or Andriod), or those heavily invested in Logo to remain loyal.

Observing market momentum, I don't think WP will fade away. The longer Logos takes to release a WP product, the more it will cost them to regain market.

Right now, I don't believe there is a WP competitor in Laridian's class. I've tried most of the WP Bible apps, none begin to compare in interface elegence, feature-set, or library-collection.  

Posts 2736
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 11 2013 11:11 AM

Quintin Ndibongo:

Observing market momentum, I don't think WP will fade away. The longer Logos takes to release a WP product, the more it will cost them to regain market.

I fully agree with you and also believe WP will gain much of the market soon. WP8 is just great platform. 

I used to have Laridian many years ago on my iPhone so it looks it grew a lot since then. Sorry for my wrong assumptions in the precious post. I understand your logic now. I hope however Logos will come with WP8 Logos application soon. I would really not like to leave Windows Phone platform for anything else. I have been using iPhone for years and still use iPad.   

Bohuslav

Page 1 of 3 (48 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS