Script to compile PBB

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 19
Daniel Gomes Silveira | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 26 2012 7:58 PM

Hi Guys,

Is there a way to write a script to compile PBB? I am asking this because I have hundreds of DOCX that I want to import into L4, but I don't want to do it one by one. Is there a way to automate this process?

Thanks, 
Daniel 

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 27 2012 12:31 PM

Daniel Gomes Silveira:

Hi Guys,

Is there a way to write a script to compile PBB? I am asking this because I have hundreds of DOCX that I want to import into L4, but I don't want to do it one by one. Is there a way to automate this process?

Thanks, 
Daniel 

Peace to you, Daniel!            Please permit me to welcome you to the Logos Forums!            *smile*

Your post has been "up" for a while with no response from anyone!            Quite surprising, actually since we have volunteers from around the world watch the Forums 24 hours a day!

But, then again .....                Perhaps you received no response, on the other hand, because as far as I know there is no way to compile PBB's except one at a time.      Sorry!

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 232
AndyTheGreek | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 30 2012 9:39 AM

Hi Daniel

i don't think there's any way to compile a PBB except through the Logos UI...

i was in the same boat as you and decided, as my titles were related (the same publisher) to create a PBB containing all their titles Each individual book appears as a 'chapter' in the mega PBB and this works ok (for my purposes...)

As a PBB can contain multiple DOCX files, this compromise was better than creating hundreds of individual books, but your mileage may vary...

Andy

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS