Logos 5 on windows 8

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 11
Giselle Muhammad | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 26 2012 8:17 PM

Thinking of buying a tablet and would liek to know if logos 5 is compatable with windows 8 yet?

Thanks

Giselle

Posts 2329
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 26 2012 9:15 PM

I have Logos 5 on my desktop with Windows 8, and it works well.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 26 2012 9:46 PM

Giselle Muhammad:
Thinking of buying a tablet and would liek to know if logos 5 is compatable with windows 8 yet?

Logos 5 is not compatible with Windows 8 RT on a tablet.  Logos does offer a mobile app (Bible!) for Windows 8 RT, which is discussed in forum => Windows Store Apps

The RT signifies ARM processor architecture.  Logos 5 needs an Intel or AMD CPU, which can run .NET Framework 4.5 on Windows 8.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 27 2012 7:51 AM

Logos 5 is compatable with high end tablets which run "Windows 8 Pro" which is the full version of Windows 8, but as stated earlier it is NOT going to work on the significantly cut down "Windows RT" operating system used by most low end Windows 8 tablets.

There are only a few Windows 8 Pro tablets available yet, but there seem to be many more scheduled to be released over the next two or three months.  Best to wait a little to see which work best with Logos 5.

Posts 15
David Record | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 27 2013 1:45 PM

I have a Acer W700 windows 8pro with 128 gb hard drive and it works great.  Selecting text with the touch screen is impossible but using a Bluetooth touchpad fixes this challenge.

Posts 4
PaulC | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 28 2013 8:45 AM

Works great on 8!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS