Logos 4 for Mac books using Logos 1.2.2

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
This post has 19 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 14
Richard Gliddon | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 3 2009 3:41 PM

the text says:

If you’ve purchased an upgrade to Logos 4 to take advantage of the big discounts on all the new books, you can now access much of your new content using Logos for Mac 1.2.2. Please note that some resources are designed specifically for Logos 4 and will not work in Logos for Mac 1.2.2. Resources that do not work in Logos for Mac 1.2.2 include media resources, reverse interlinears, and some other resources.

How does one get the earlier version to find the Logos 4 books?

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 3:50 PM

Richard Gliddon:
You download it from Logos.

http://www.logos.com/products/details/4504

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 14
Richard Gliddon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 4:10 PM

Thanks Joe,

The way I wrote the question was a bit ambiguous. I have the earlier version, what I meant was how does one tell the earlier version to find the later version's resources?

Is everyone having problems as I am eg, one can't do word studies, no strongs words, no Hebrew or Greek, just a whole lot of books and a few commentaries. I purchased an upgrade from basic to leaders package?

Posts 3262
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 4:22 PM

Richard Gliddon:

See tomorrow's blog post for a full answer to this question.

Posts 6
Philip Danks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 2:03 PM

Where do I find "tomorrow's blog post" please?  This is the answer I'm looking for!

Cheers,

Phil

Posts 127
Darren Paul Wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 2:06 PM

PhilipDanks:
Where do I find "tomorrow's blog post" please?

http://blog.logos.com/archives/2009/12/using_your_new_logos_4_resources_in_logos_3_or_logos_for_mac_1.html

User Interface Designer - Logos Bible Software

Posts 6
Philip Danks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 2:12 PM

Thank you Darren!

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 2:21 PM

PhilipDanks:
Where do I find "tomorrow's blog post" please?  This is the answer I'm looking for!
Hi Phillip, the same link and info is in the post pinned to the top of the Mac forum.  The title of this post is "New to Mac Alpha... READ THIS FIRST".  It is also linked in my signature since it seems you may not have found this yet.  The specific info regarding this thread is item #8.  I recommend you read the whole post though as it will help answer a lot of questions you will have on using Mac Alpha.

Blessings

Posts 1586
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 3:11 PM

I upgraded to the Logos4: Platinum and when i synced my licenses from L4 to Mac1.2.2 (after loading books form the disk) some of my resources were missing that should have been included...I think? 

-BDAG

-Baker Exegetical 

-Baker New Testement

are these books only for L4? I cant see how i believe they were available before L4 was. anyone have any suggestions on how to get them working in Mac1.2.2??

Thanks

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 3:20 PM

John Kight:

I upgraded to the Logos4: Platinum and when i synced my licenses from L4 to Mac1.2.2 (after loading books form the disk) some of my resources were missing that should have been included...I think? 

-BDAG

-Baker Exegetical 

-Baker New Testement

are these books only for L4? I cant see how i believe they were available before L4 was. anyone have any suggestions on how to get them working in Mac1.2.2??

Thanks

Logos 4 uses a new format for many of its books. Also, 1.2.2 doesn't know to look in the L4 resource folder to find new books and 1.2.2 doesn't have a way to automatically download new books. Your choices are to manually download the books you want from ftp.logos.com (also, many of the product pages on the Logos site have links to download books files) and manually place them in the Libronix resource folder OR you can purchase the LE media only disc and load the books from it.

Posts 1586
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 3:28 PM

I purchased the LE Media only disc and loaded books for the disk and the resources must not have worked thats why i was wondering what to do...i will try to manually DL them. Thanks Kevin

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 3:35 PM

John Kight:

I purchased the LE Media only disc and loaded books for the disk and the resources must not have worked thats why i was wondering what to do...i will try to manually DL them. Thanks Kevin

Let me just make certain I understand you, do you have this disc? http://www.logos.com/products/details/5594 . If you've synced Libronix's licenses and then inserted this disc Libronix (1.2.2) should have discovered and asked you to transfer the media files to your hard drive. If this didn't work it makes me think that 1.2.2 didn't get its license file updated. A call to Customer service might be in order in that case.

Posts 1586
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 3:51 PM

Kevin,

Yeah i bought the LE Media Only disk with my purchase of L4. I did all the steps that were listed in the Blog update about using upgraded resources from L4 on Mac1.2.2. It did work in DL extra resources but it was missing a few that i really was looking forward to having....BDAG, Baker NT, Baker exegetical, etc. thats why i was concerned. I will try to contact Customer service tomorrow. Thanks again!

Posts 1586
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 6:11 PM

Manually Downloading them..then syncing license is working. its just time consuming...Confused

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 6:24 PM

John Kight:
Manually Downloading them..then syncing license is working. its just time consuming...Confused
That is why L4 is better, it solves all that hassle Cool

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 8:29 PM

Looking at Logos 4 Windows library and Logos for Mac 1.2.2 library, found BDAG, Baker Exegetical Commentary (1 Corinthians, 1 Peter, John, Luke, Philippians, Revelation, and Romans) and Baker New Testament Commentary - confirming usable Logos 3 resource files exist.

By the way, using Logos 3 Windows auto update script is easier than individually downloading files.

Keep Smiling :)

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2010 4:07 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
By the way, using Logos 3 Windows auto update script is easier than individually downloading files.

Yes, but that script doesn't work on a Mac.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2010 5:18 AM

Agree Logos for Mac 1.2.2 cannot use auto update script.

Personally created new Windows XP Virtual Machine on my iMac, downloaded and installed Logos 3 for Windows that can use auto update scripts, then copied resource files.

Keep Smiling :)

Posts 343
Jason Saling | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2010 9:24 PM

How do I find out what Resources our WHAT file name to manually download?  I already got the Media Only Disk and installed the extra resources into the Logos Mac 1.2.2 about six weeks ago, but evidently there are some newly updated resources to work for Logos Mac 1.2.2 that did not come on the Media Only Disk, but they are available to download.  I understand on some I could go to the actual product on Logos, but is there a list posted anywhere that shows what Resource equals what File Name?

Jason Saling

Posts 505
Michael Kares | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2010 9:34 PM

Jason Saling:
is there a list posted anywhere that shows what Resource equals what File Name?

Not that I know of.  Going to the product page and clicking the link would probably be the fastest method anyway.

Page 1 of 1 (20 items) | RSS