Collecting Bible References from searches

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 29 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 709
Russ Quinn | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2009 4:03 PM

Philip Spitzer:

Run a bible search, select Graph at the top of the window, select the first graph, select "export to excel" from the top. I'm running L4 beta.

Philip,

Sorry to be so dense but I can't find this. Would you mind posting a screen shot?

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2009 4:04 PM

Philip Spitzer:

Run a bible search, select Graph at the top of the window, select the first graph, select "export to excel" from the top. I'm running L4 beta.

Okay, never saw that before.

But it doesn't seem to do anything. I have Result Map open and click Export to Excel and nothing seems to happen. (I don't have Excel, but I do have the Excel viewer, Quatro Pro, and OpenOffice.)

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 709
Russ Quinn | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2009 4:05 PM

Russ Quinn:

Philip Spitzer:

Philip,

Sorry to be so dense but I can't find this. Would you mind posting a screen shot?

Oh, there it is. Nevermind. Over on the left there.

Posts 139
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2009 4:15 PM

Richard DeRuiter:

Philip Spitzer:

Okay, never saw that before.

But it doesn't seem to do anything. I have Result Map open and click Export to Excel and nothing seems to happen. (I don't have Excel, but I do have the Excel viewer, Quatro Pro, and OpenOffice.)

I want to be cautious given very recent history Smile but i think it really needs to be Excel. This option starts up Excel if it isn't already running, and communicates directly with it (it's not copy and paste). So without Excel, i think you're out of luck for the time being.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2009 4:23 PM

Sean Boisen:
I want to be cautious given very recent history Smile but i think it really needs to be Excel. This option starts up Excel if it isn't already running, and communicates directly with it (it's not copy and paste). So without Excel, i think you're out of luck for the time being.

[lower lip juts out from jaw]

Could I drop a note in the suggestion box to at least let this work with Google Docs, or send results to the Excel viewer.

Posts 709
Russ Quinn | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2009 4:29 PM

Why is it only on the Bible search? WIll it eventually make its way to Morph search results?

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2009 4:58 PM

Richard DeRuiter:
Could I drop a note in the suggestion box to at least let this work with Google Docs, or send results to the Excel viewer.

My vote is a tab delimited text file. They can go anywhere.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2009 5:24 PM

Philip Spitzer:
My vote is a tab delimited text file. They can go anywhere.

Or a CSV.

Posts 139
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2009 5:54 PM

Russ Quinn:

Why is it only on the Bible search? WIll it eventually make its way to Morph search results?

I don't know what the design plans are here, though (speaking in ignorance) i don't see any reason in principle why this couldn't also be offered for Morph search. 

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2009 7:15 PM

Russ Quinn:

It can be done...sorta....

Prepare your morph syntax. Run your search. Click on "Bible" this will convert your morph string into something that can be found in a Bible search. run the search under Bible Search. then go through Graph>Export to Excel.

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS