Herman Ridderbos Collection (9 vols.)

Page 3 of 3 (59 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 58 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 5622
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 31 2013 6:58 AM

Rosie Perera:
There were no email updates from Logos when these two volumes were removed from the pre-pub.

I received an email too, Rosie.

Rosie Perera:
It appears to happen quite frequently that Logos seems to have secured the rights and then loses them before a pre-pub goes into production. I can't even begin to understand how tricky all these behind-the-scenes negotiations must be, and how easy it must be for a jot or tittle to be overlooked here or there before making presumed promises to customers. But I would urge Logos to really try to reduce the number of occasions when this happens.

I sold my hard copy of the John commentary in December 2012 to help pay for this set.  Sad

I cancelled my order because I really can't afford it anymore, especially with the changes. I have to be more picky nowadays. Maybe in a year when the collection is split up, I'll get a few volumes on sale.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 737
Evan Boardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 31 2013 9:25 AM

I got an email about the change, but my prepub order says it's still $99.95 ???

Posts 19278
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 31 2013 9:29 AM

Evan Boardman:

I got an email about the change, but my prepub order says it's still $99.95 ???

Ah, I guess mine does too:

Previously I'd been looking at this price here:

I'm going to need to email someone to inquire about this.

Posts 670
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 31 2013 10:24 AM

Very disappointing news about losing the two books, especially the John commentary.

Posts 2749
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 31 2013 10:47 AM

I'm beginning to wonder if the commentary and the other volume became financial pawns. The commentary is $40 in Kindle and over $60 retail. 735 pages so that's a lot of work too.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 446
Jonathan Sine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 2 2014 9:22 AM

Todd Phillips:
I sold my hard copy of the John commentary in December 2012 to help pay for this set.  Sad

Ouch!! 

I also was in it for this commentary. I suppose your disappointment surpasses mine because of the sacrifice. 

Jonathan Sine

Pastor - Squamish Baptist Church

2 Cor. 4.6

Posts 733
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 6 2014 4:32 PM

Just got an email that they are removing "Paul: An Outline of His Theology"! This is the ONE book I REALLY wanted in this collection. They subbed some other small book that is insignificant. I will probably cancel my order now. Very disappointed!

Posts 704
ChelseaFC | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 6 2014 5:02 PM
This is unfortunate news!

Chelsea FC- Today is a good day!

Posts 5622
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 6 2014 6:37 PM

JH:

Just got an email that they are removing "Paul: An Outline of His Theology"! This is the ONE book I REALLY wanted in this collection. They subbed some other small book that is insignificant. I will probably cancel my order now. Very disappointed!

Glad I cancelled now.  They removed the two main books I wanted.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 104
Bentley Crawford | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 6 2014 8:07 PM

This is definitely a huge bummer :(.  Come on Eerdmans!

Posts 670
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 7 2014 7:41 AM

It gets worse and worse...

Posts 13419
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 7 2014 9:37 AM

JH:
Just got an email that they are removing "Paul: An Outline of His Theology"! This is the ONE book I REALLY wanted in this collection.

The two most valuable books have now gone. This is very disappointing.

Posts 302
JPH | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 7 2014 9:46 AM

Mark Barnes:
The two most valuable books have now gone. This is very disappointing.

Newman!

Eerdmans!

Posts 737
Evan Boardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 7 2014 11:02 AM

We finally has a shipping date. 25th of this month.

Posts 482
elnwood | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 13 2014 7:03 AM

One can only hope that the reason why Ridderbos' John Commentary and Outline of Paul's Theology were removed is because the publisher didn't like Logos' bundling strategy, and wants to sell them individually!

Posts 302
JPH | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 13 2014 7:11 AM

elnwood:
One can only hope that the reason why Ridderbos' John Commentary and Outline of Paul's Theology were removed is because the publisher didn't like Logos' bundling strategy, and wants to sell them individually!

I'm sure eerdmans has a bundling strategy of their own in mind Hmm  In which case, we won't see them for sale individually for a few years.

Posts 13419
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 13 2014 9:34 AM

elnwood:

It's much more likely that Eerdmans discovered they didn't have international epublication rights, and another publisher in the UK, South Africa or Australia has some of the rights (possibly SPCK in London).

Posts 570
HansK | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 18 2014 1:27 AM

I just bought this collection and thought Outline of Paul's Theology was in the set. See a screenshot of the webpage:

Unfortunately, the book is not in the set :-(

Logos, please advice.

MacOS Sierra / Logos 7 Collector's Edition & All Base Packages / Logos Now

Posts 3703
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 18 2014 7:02 AM

Absolutely. It was the book I was looking forward to as well.

What's going on??

mm.

Page 3 of 3 (59 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS