Irving Jensen's Do-It-Yourself Bible Study Guides

Page 3 of 8 (145 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 144 Replies | 14 Followers

Posts 6513
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 7 2015 5:24 AM

Cynthia in Florida:
I was jumping up and down doing the happy dance when the mail came...my 16 year old looked at me like I lost my mind! 

Teens don't understand how one can be so exuberant over a simple book. Tell him/her it is similar to finding their favourite song which is no longer being distributed. (I can hear the response: "just google it.") I almost said record or Cd, but you might get an even more puzzled look. At least with the mention of the record. My son has seen them at his Grandmothers house.

Glad for you, keep doing your happy dance. Endorphin is good for the body. 

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 40
Karen Jensen Collins | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 12 2015 1:40 PM

Most of you have probably seen this on one of the other threads, but in case you haven't (& this is a proper closing for the reason behind Cynthia's 1st post here several years ago!) Thanks again, Rosie, for your help in steering me to the right place at Logos . . .

Just wanted to give you a heads up that Logos.com has just announced the pre-pub of 24 of Dad’s out-of-print titles! Here are the links:

JENSEN COLLECTION:
https://www.logos.com/product/55678/irving-l-jensen-collection

INDEPENDENT BIBLE STUDY:
https://www.logos.com/product/55689/independent-bible-study
  (this one is a stand-alone title, but it's also included in the COLLECTION above)

My other update:
The SAMPLE ANALYTICAL CHARTS eBOOK turned into a massive project with 350+ charts received from 63 former students of Dad's! I will be releasing it under the name: Unlock the Bible Student in You sometime early January. PDF format. I plan to offer it as a bonus product, along with a webinar training that introduces the inductive method and shows the steps of creating the charts. Will price under $10.

Also, Cynthia Feenstra and I are partnering together in a ministry to encourage more independent Bible study (teaching the inductive method). Our website is in its early stages: InductiveCharts.com and FB page: Jensen Studies

AND JUST THINK . . . you all were a part of this process in God's design and sovereignty! Let's plan on a big celebration in heaven with Cynthia!

May God be glorified in the days, weeks, months and years ahead through the continued ministry of Dad's books and Bible studies . . . and through the journey God is leading Cynthia and me.

In Christ,

karen

Posts 352
Cynthia Tucker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 12 2015 5:30 PM

Awesome, I will be following this!

Author of the Chronological Word Truth Life Bible Series

WordTruthLifeBible.com

Posts 1
Hugh Bowling | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 28 2016 3:20 PM

I saw your post about the Jensen Study Bible books. My wife just ordered 2 from the Moody Press web site today (04/27/2016) I have a number of the old books with a 1971 copyright. I think that they have updated the books, I just hope that they still have the charts.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 28 2016 3:38 PM

Irving L. Jensen Collection (24 vols.) by Irving Jensen

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 6878
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 28 2016 4:50 PM

Wow is taking longer than expected, even the single volume :( ¿? :[

Posts 40
Karen Jensen Collins | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 29 2016 5:36 AM

Hugh Bowling:

I saw your post about the Jensen Study Bible books. My wife just ordered 2 from the Moody Press web site today (04/27/2016) I have a number of the old books with a 1971 copyright. I think that they have updated the books, I just hope that they still have the charts.

Hi, Hugh -- Those at Moody Press are Dad's other Bible study series (which are still in print): Jensen's Bible Self-Study Guides, and yes, they still have the original charts in them!

The ones mentioned here in this thread are his books that have been out-of-print for a number of years -- Logos is releasing them in one entire collection, with one title as a single title: Independent Bible Study.

So glad to hear that these inductive studies are of help to you and your wife!

Karen

Posts 40
Karen Jensen Collins | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 29 2016 5:47 AM

DAL:

Wow is taking longer than expected, even the single volume :( ¿? :[

Agreed!

I emailed my contact last week and learned that they still need 145 orders before kicking it into production. I was asking about the single Independent Bible Study book, which has shown "under development" for several months (since December?).

But now I'm wondering if she was referring to the entire collection awaiting 145 more orders . . . ? I plan to contact her by phone today to clarify that.

Will update here when I learn more!

karen

P.S. Meanwhile, our release (Cynthia and me) of the Intro to Inductive Bible Study training webinar, plus the bonus eBook of 350+ analytical charts is also taking longer than expected, but I'm hoping for a late May/early June release of that! More info at InductiveCharts.com

Posts 230
Pastor James | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 29 2016 6:34 AM

Will these charts be included in the Logos collection?

Posts 3533
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 29 2016 6:37 AM

Karen Jensen Collins:

P.S. Meanwhile, our release (Cynthia and me) of the Intro to Inductive Bible Study training webinar, plus the bonus eBook of 350+ analytical charts is also taking longer than expected, but I'm hoping for a late May/early June release of that! More info at InductiveCharts.com

If these could be made available in Logos as a free add-on or with this collection that would be most helpful!

Posts 40
Karen Jensen Collins | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 29 2016 1:11 PM

Pastor James:

Will these charts be included in the Logos collection?

Pastor James:  Currently, they are not a part of this Jensen Collection, but eventually, we will see if Logos is interested. (The eBook of the analytical charts was still in its infancy stage on my desk when we contracted with Logos for the release of Dad's out-of-print books.)

Posts 40
Karen Jensen Collins | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 29 2016 1:15 PM

Mattillo:

If these could be made available in Logos as a free add-on or with this collection that would be most helpful!

Thanks for the interest, Mattillo! I will post here if/when there is news of such an addition by Logos . . .

Posts 40
Rick King | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 1 2016 10:56 PM

I'm also interested in this series.  I put in my order.  Every little bit helps.  I have had to wait for over a year before for Logos to release a pre pub.  We shall see.  I hope they do release this before Christmas but they are not in any hurry to get new books out there.  Maybe the Lord will come back before that happens and then we we shall find out the answers to all the questions we have from the Master Himself.  :-)

Posts 809
Cynthia in Florida | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 2 2016 3:02 PM

Hello Rick:

Yes, VERY true.  I'm waiting as well and cannot wait to get them!  Frankly, I'm surprised they haven't hit publication yet! 

Cynthia

Romans 8:28-38

Posts 119
Gary Mendenhall | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 3 2016 1:19 AM

Yes Ordered the pre-pub today.  Looking forward to this.

Posts 6878
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 3 2016 4:02 AM

If you want a feel for his work you can purchase old testament and new testament survey  and the volumes he wrote for the everyman's Bible commentaries from Moody. Extremely practical! 👍

https://www.logos.com/products/search?q=Irving+L+Jensen 

DAL

Posts 448
Bill Cook | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 3 2016 7:21 AM

Cynthia in Florida:

Hello Rick:

Yes, VERY true.  I'm waiting as well and cannot wait to get them!  Frankly, I'm surprised they haven't hit publication yet! 

I am hoping they get published soon as well.

Posts 40
Karen Jensen Collins | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 3 2016 11:01 AM

I just spoke with Faithlife and learned they're waiting for just a "few dozen" more orders on the Jensen Collection before going into production. On the single title of that collection, Independent Bible Study, they need just a "handful" more orders -- "very close" . . .

Posts 448
Bill Cook | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 4 2016 5:20 AM

Let's go folks! Please pre-order.Time

Posts 294
Debra W Bouey | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 4 2016 6:09 AM

Karen Jensen Collins:

I just spoke with Faithlife and learned they're waiting for just a "few dozen" more orders on the Jensen Collection before going into production. On the single title of that collection, Independent Bible Study, they need just a "handful" more orders -- "very close" . . .

I do so hope this gets going asap!

Lenovo P72: Intel 8th Gen i7-8750H 6-core, 32GB RAM, 2TB HDD + 1TB Sata SSD, 17.3" FHD 1920x1080, NVIDIA Quadro P600 4GB, Win 10 Pro

Page 3 of 8 (145 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS