Indication for owned resource

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 212
Steven Yu | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 21 2009 5:34 AM

Here is another suggestion from me (lol, it seems the more I use Logos, the more idea I came up)

As many of you who are familiar with the pre-pub section on the logos website, when you have placed a pre-pub order, the item will have the following text under the ordered item in the general listing of the pre-pub products

"You pre-ordered this product on 8/21/2009 at $XXX.XX AUD (XXX.XX USD)"

Since Logos contain a backup copy of each user's license, is it possible for us to have the following line under each of the product we already owned.

"This product is available through your current license"

The reason why I am asking for this is I have purchased several of the collection bundle package from Logos as well as other 3rd party publisher (e.g. the IVP collection) whom use the Libronix system.  Each of the package might already contain some of the books that's available as individual purchase in Logos.  And it is very difficult for me to keep a track of what books I have already got each time before a purchase, so far I haven't made a double purchases yet, but by going though the entire library list is really a painful experience (ok not that painful really, just need to press Ctrl+F a couple of times to do a search).

What you guys think?

"And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free", John 8:32.
"你們必定認識真理,真理必定使你們自由", 約翰福音 8:3.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 21 2009 6:45 AM

And how many times have you done this:

You hear about a resource that sounds interesting...you almost purchase it...then you check your library and find that you've owned it for 2 years! Embarrassed

I've done that more than once.

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 3262
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 21 2009 7:01 AM

Steven, I think this is a good idea, and it's on my list of items to look into at some point. Thanks for the suggestion.

Posts 21
Quipper | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 21 2009 4:11 PM

LOVE the idea....

Posts 212
Steven Yu | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 14 2013 2:28 PM

Hey Phil

Thanks for implementing my suggestion to the Logos website, I got a follow up suggestion for the owned resources.

Can the web team add a filter that allow us to hide the resources we already purchased, so we don't have to browse through all our owned resources when looking up the book list.

An additional filter for already ordered pre-pub will be good also.

Thanks

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 14 2013 2:53 PM

Steven Yu:
Can the web team add a filter that allow us to hide the resources we already purchased, so we don't have to browse through all our owned resources when looking up the book list.

You can add &unlocked=no at the end of the URL to see only items you don't have [on order], or &unlocked=yes too see only items you do have [on order].

For example http://www.logos.com/products/search?Status=Live&start=0&sort=bestselling&pageSize=60&unlocked=no to see all produced books you don't own, or http://www.logos.com/products/search?Status=Community+Pricing&start=&sort=progress&pageSize=60&unlocked=yes to see all CP's you have bids on.

Someone promised two years ago or so that a more 'official' way of doing this was coming, but for now you have to type it in for yourself.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 212
Steven Yu | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 26 2019 4:21 PM

I am so happy that after 10 years, a filter has been implemented on the new Logos website...

Posts 1173
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 26 2019 4:30 PM

Steven Yu:

I am so happy that after 10 years, a filter has been implemented on the new Logos website...

I am too.  Now I wish they would add an "available for purchase" filter so we could filter out items that can't be purchased individually, but are only available as part of another product.

Posts 2004
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 27 2019 6:54 AM

Indifferent

Posts 6063
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 27 2019 6:56 AM

EastTN:
I am too.  Now I wish they would add an "available for purchase" filter so we could filter out items that can't be purchased individually, but are only available as part of another product.

I'm not waiting ten years for that. Wink

"God commands you to pray, but He forbids you to worry." - The Curé d'Ars.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS