Can You Remove Unwanted Resources From Your Harddrive?

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 64
Aaron Baldridge | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 4 2009 11:07 AM

I upgraded this week. Overall I am impressed but there are some things that I do not like.

Question:

Is there a way to delete resources from my library that I am quite certain that I will never use, need, nor want? The old version allowed you to pick and choose which ones were installed on your harddrive.  I liked that much better.

Posts 5622
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 11:10 AM

Rev Aaron R Baldridge:
Is there a way to delete resources from my library that I am quite certain that I will never use, need, nor want?

Yes.  Drag the books you don't want to the hidden resources section of the Program Settings window.  See here for pics: http://wiki.logos.com/Hiding_Books

And yes, you have to do it one book at a time.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 656
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 11:11 AM

Yes. A new feature to Logos 4 is that when you click on your Tools: Program Settings and hide books they are or totally deleted off your hard drive until you unhide them. Then they will be redownloaded.

Posts 9
Emilio Ramos | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 4:48 PM

does removing unwanted books and stuff make logos work more efficient?

Also off subject, is there any way to remove symbols like footnote numbers and reference letter e..g a,  b, 1, 2 etc from the translation in the information and power lookup tile so that when you copy and paste they do not show up?

Posts 33257
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 4:54 PM

emilio@sovjoy.com:
Also off subject, is there any way to remove symbols like footnote numbers and reference letter e..g a,  b, 1, 2 etc from the translation in the information and power lookup tile so that when you copy and paste they do not show up?

Yes, look at the options on Copy Bible Verse

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 9
Emilio Ramos | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 4:59 PM

copy bible verses then what

Posts 26961
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 5:00 PM

emilio@sovjoy.com:
does removing unwanted books and stuff make logos work more efficient?

It saves hard drive space and will save some time by not indexing those resources. It may make logos4 more efficient depending on the type of resource eg. bible dictionary, lexicon, commentary.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 5:06 PM

emilio@sovjoy.com:

For Bibles use what M.J. said.

For other resources look in Tools > Program Settings, and set "Copy Footnotes" to "No."

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 5:09 PM

emilio@sovjoy.com:

copy bible verses then what

Click on the CBV style and create a new style:

Then, following the instructions in the help file, create your style and include the "NoFootnotes" parameter:

(Or choose a CBV style that already includes the "NoFootnotes" parameter.)

EDIT: You will see a different name in the box than the one in the bottom graphic. That style name is one of the ones I made.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 9
Emilio Ramos | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 5:25 PM

will this effect the "power look up" tile?  It already copies the bible verse correctly under ctl +alt + B

but if I copy out of "power look up"  it keeps all the other tags I dont want, thanks

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS