Cleaning out duplicate resources

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 12 2013 4:33 AM

I have been cleaning out duplicate resources in my library, and I was wondering if you know of any duplicates that should be addressed?  I do not mean older versions of the same resource, as they may have some value to me (example: Bible translations that have been u updated). I am speaking of same content-duplicate resources. This includes Personal Books that are duplicates, or near duplicates, of Logos resources too!

I just cleaned out the old 63 volume set of Spurgeon's Sermons, as the new version came out this week.

I had duplicate of the Vulgate (from SESB too)

BHS 4.0 (from SESB too)

I had two copies of the NET Bible

I hid the "Abide in Christ" Personal Book as the Logos version is out

Any others you know of?

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 12 2013 5:12 AM

Found duplicate of "Grace Abounding to the Chief of Sinners"

Posts 9870
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 12 2013 5:46 AM

I'd be very hesitant to do such (except for the PBs): Since these things have different resource IDs, links between Logos resources will no longer work - e.g. in your example, if an author refers to a Spurgeon sermon and Logos linked this to the Ages version.

Then, "duplicates" may differ in details - containing different front matter (introduction etc), appendices or footnotes. And sometimes it may not be easy to differentiate real duplicates from very different editions like Luther's commentary on Galatians in the Crossway versus the Logos edition. 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 12 2013 6:15 AM

Hmm...you raise a good point Mick, I forgot about links and tagging.

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 12 2013 9:22 AM

UBSGNT 4th Revised Edition without and with Morphology
New American Bible Revised Edition and New American Bible, You can perhaps remove NAB - it has the same 1986 NT anyway.
International Standard Version NT, International Standard Version
Faithlife Study Bible notes is a duplicate if You have Faithlife study Bible
Several different Vulgates
The Lexham Greek-English Interlinear New Testament: SBL Edition, The Lexham Greek-English Interlinear Septuagint: H.B. Swete Edition and The Lexham English Septuagint: Alternate Texts ... if You have English-Greek Reverse Interlinear of the NRSV Apocryphal Texts Although I prefer the other way around and have not purchased the NRSV Apocryphal RI even though I considered to earlier on.
Church Fathers Catholic Edition, Protestant Edition. The notes is the only difference.
Concise HALOT, HALOT
An Intermediate Greek-English Lexicon, Liddell & Scott ... if You have (LSJ)
New Nave's Topical Bible - New Nave's Topical Bible 2.0 - both issued the same year
The Elements of New Testament Greek and Key to the Elements of New Testament Greek by Nunn. Look at printed matter - there are 2 newer Editions, why have the oldest? It's so old that I don't think many are referencing it nor that it matters if some resourcee does. The second newest Edition is from the '60ies.

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 5,850own
12G A9-9420 V8.3 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 12 2013 9:29 AM

Not exactly a duplicate, but I had both Treasury of Scripture Knowledge and New Treasury of Scripture Knowledge and hid the former in my library.

Posts 24572
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 12 2013 1:24 PM

Paul-C:

Not exactly a duplicate, but I had both Treasury of Scripture Knowledge and New Treasury of Scripture Knowledge and hid the former in my library.

The former has a true duplicate and the one worth keeping for Passage Guide purposes is by Canne, Brown, Blayney, Scott and Torrey and claims over 572 000 entries. It is actually newer than the "The New Treasury of ......"

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS