multiple license for spouses

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 10
jschutzsr | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 12 2013 6:00 PM

I would like to see Logos offer a multiple license for spouses with a separate log in & password. With the depth and cost of Logos it is unfortunate that spouses can not share the resources. We live together and serve together. To build two separate library's is just not being a good steward of our resources. A reduced separate fee to allow an additional username and password would be understandable.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 12 2013 6:28 PM

jschutzsr:
With the depth and cost of Logos it is unfortunate that spouses can not share the resources. We live together and serve together.

This has been addressed by Logos CEO and creator Bob Pritchett. In a nutshell; You and your wife can share the same Logos license and library if you re not each engaged in separate ministries or salaried positions utilizing the software for your vocational use. That means your minor children living at home can use your Logos library in their homeschool assignments. Your spouse can use your library for Bible study and devotionals or reading Vyrso books.

However, if your spouse uses Logos for their personal job requirements, maybe authoring Sunday School curriculum for a Christian publisher or for sermon preparation in a pulpit ministry separate from yours, then you each should have your own licenses.

That being said, there are many pluses to each having their own license and library. Personal notes and layouts are saved rather than overwritten. personal reading plans and resource prioritization are preserved with your own license. My wife has her own license and library preferences and is happy to keep things seperate from mine. Left Hug Computer Right Hug

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1629
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 12 2013 7:23 PM

To add to Super Tramp's post, here is the post in which Bob Pritchett explains this view. It is more than a few years old, but I have not heard that Mr. Pritchett has changed his stance on the subject.  http://community.logos.com/forums/p/341/3265.aspx#3265  I try my best to stay within EULA's which can be quite restrictive but must admit that he is pretty flexible on the normal husband/wife in the same house situation. I think that he is showing quite a bit of trust in us and our integrity, which is pretty cool knowing that he has never met the very vast majority of those who have used his dream for deeper experiences in the studying of our faith.

Thank you Mr. Pritchett  Yes

Peace  Smile

Romans 14:19 (NRSV)
19 Let us then pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 12 2013 7:59 PM

Super Tramp:

That being said, there are many pluses to each having their own license and library. Personal notes and layouts are saved rather than overwritten. personal reading plans and resource prioritization are preserved with your own license. My wife has her own license and library preferences and is happy to keep things seperate from mine. Left Hug Computer Right Hug

My wife has her own library.  Comparing order page totals, noticed 4:1 ratio, which is bit different than 2:1 ratio when comparing Library resource counts.  Thankful for Logos combining two Logos 5 library upgrades (Portfolio & Silver) into one monthly payment.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 12 2013 8:28 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Comparing order page totals, noticed 4:1 ratio,

Thankful for an easily contented wife. Comparing  order page total 90:1 ratio Surprise  

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 12 2013 8:50 PM

Super Tramp:

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Comparing order page totals, noticed 4:1 ratio,

Thankful for an easily contented wife. Comparing  order page total 90:1 ratio Surprise

Thankful for free Perseus Collections and 315 free Vyrso eBooks since Thanksgiving 2011 plus free Logos Resources, which total $ 0.00 while adding a number of useful resources to library.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 39
Scott K | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 12 2013 11:56 PM

Imagine the parallel with a printed book library.  "Honey, this copy of of the Word Biblical Commentary series is mine, yours is over there on that shelf. Oh, these reference works are mine; duplicate editions are over there on your desk."

Unthinkable.

I concur that as layouts and notes and the like are moved to the Cloud, separate user accounts ought to be adopted on a single license. 

My humble $.02

Posts 102
Andrew Mercer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 13 2013 12:26 AM

I don't mind having two separate accounts. My wife used to look into my library for searching, but that was about it. She didn't want my notes or other stuff i accumulated. 

She is beginning Bible College this year for her own growth and development. We had no problem buying her a separate library, in her case L5 Silver with minimal crossgrade. What we are no trying to do is buy separate commentary sets so we don't duplicate very expensive resources - e.g. when buying Silver, she bought Boice's commentaries. We think it's working well. We are thankful to Logos for academic discount.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 13 2013 12:02 PM

Scott K:
Imagine the parallel with a printed book library.

Another parallel is sharing one physical book requires two people to literally be on the same page plus needs agreement when to turn a page.  If Logos library is shared by spouses

Note: have experienced Logos sync surprises when had Library open to prioritize resources on two computers.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1
Phronsie Howell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 12 2017 3:06 PM

Long dead post but it would be nice to be able to family share or something. You can share Kindle books with a family account, it would be nice if this worked in a similar fashion. My husband and I bought, years ago, a MacArthur library and it's attached to my account. He's rather disappointed because he can't access them without logging into my account, which he won't do. With a family share option, this wouldn't be an issue. We only use them for personal study.

Posts 873
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 12 2017 3:15 PM

Phronsie Howell:

Long dead post but it would be nice to be able to family share or something. You can share Kindle books with a family account, it would be nice if this worked in a similar fashion. My husband and I bought, years ago, a MacArthur library and it's attached to my account. He's rather disappointed because he can't access them without logging into my account, which he won't do. With a family share option, this wouldn't be an issue. We only use them for personal study.

You  could merge the accounts, or he could log in as you with app.logos.com, while keeping the installed version on his account.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS