Piper Homepage

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 27 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1646
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2010 5:36 PM

DaleShillington:
She said this hyperlink feature was working ok on her PC computer.

Is it possible she was talking about Libronix 3? In L3 I have a Home Page that links to Max Lucado tapes. There is nothing as of yet in l4 that performs the same function (although there have been hints that there will be, eventually). But as of now, L4 does not know I have any Lucado audio resources.

Regards, SteveF

Posts 23
Tony (Manuel) Perez | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 20 2011 5:59 PM

Here's what I came up with. Hopefully this helps a little.

Make a new Note. I named mine "Piper Sermons". I added 4 notes. See below.

To open web page, hold "ctrl" and with mouse click link.

I find this better than nothing.

Posts 116
Thomas B. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 4 2011 8:39 AM

Better than nothing, yes, but not really worth the dollars I forked out to have an indexed resource at my fingertips.... Sad

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 4 2011 8:43 AM

Someone with both the Beta and the sermons would have to test this, but does searching Large text for dates and references help find things topically?

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 4 2011 9:35 AM

Open the Piper manuscript books manually and use the table of contents on the side to jump to a specific sermon. It will be organized by date:

Unfortunately, there is no easy way (that I know of) to find sermons by Scripture text, but you can create a collection of the Piper sermon manuscripts and search them for Scripture references, finding places where Piper uses a particular text in a sermon (though not necessarily as the primary text for a sermon).

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 4 2011 9:52 AM

Philip Spitzer:

Someone with both the Beta and the sermons would have to test this, but does searching Large text for dates and references help find things topically?

Here's a few results. Reference searches don't seem to turn up anything with Large Text, but Large Text may help some if trying to find a particular topic. Is search text filtering only available in beta?

First screenshot shows an All Text search of a passage. Second and third show Large Text searches.

Posts 44
William Norman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 5 2011 7:58 AM

I created a collection in Logos 4 and named it John Piper's sermons. Put Pipers Sermons in the collection.

You can search by topic or by text. Compare the search results with the home page in L3.

You will find the results  are similar but not always in the same order.

When one of the search result shows  a  year, for  example "1992", click on the year and it will give you a drop down

with a list of sermons composed in 1992.

Hope this helps

Posts 13383
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 13 2014 3:03 PM

In case new users come across this old thread, you may like to know that there is now a scripture index to John Piper's sermons.

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS