We Messed Up, and We’re Sorry

Page 2 of 3 (53 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 52 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 8848
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 17 2013 12:33 PM

Evan Boardman:

Bruce Dunning:
I am very impressed that they had the guts to respond this way.

You dont think its just a sales pitch?

I'm not convinced that it isn't. After all Logos is a business and like any business it is always trying to think about ways to grow.

Yesterday I contacted sales by email and asked what the implication is for me personally. It will be interesting to see how they respond.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 927
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 17 2013 12:46 PM

Were it merely a sales pitch, Logos didn't need to apologize. They could simply have announced that they had decided to extend the introductory sale on the L5 base packages.

There were definitely mess ups with the roll out of L5. Stuff happens. Apple Maps, anyone? Wink

Hope you get a good deal, Bruce.

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 2822
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 17 2013 4:40 PM

I would like to note that I meant nothing negative about Logos in any of my comments. There is nothing wrong with Logos having another sale.  And I am sure the apology is sincere, and Logos regrets the confusion that took place. 

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 9050
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 17 2013 6:45 PM

BillS:
Mark Smith:
Unless the percentages off are incorrect, though, those who upgrade with this second chance receive a nicer percentage off than those who did from late November on. Scroll about halfway down the blog and you find that Starter is 15% off, Bronze is 20% off, and Silver through Portfolio are 25% off. It seems that another unintentional mistake has been made.

Bill it was actually Bill Moore who pointed this out. You give me too much credit for analyzing the offer. Wink

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 8848
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 20 2013 3:36 PM

I thought that I would provide an update regarding my previous posts on this thread.

The Logos staff emailed me an offer to upgrade to Portfolio that I could not refuse. After discussing it with my wife we've decided to go ahead and accept their offer. 

Thanks Logos!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1536
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 20 2013 4:32 PM

I emailed the day after blog post, and aside from a canned response have yet to hear back from anyone in sales.

Posts 2756
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 20 2013 4:34 PM

Terry Poperszky:

I emailed the day after blog post, and aside from a canned response have yet to hear back from anyone in sales.

Neither have I. I'll see what happens Monday.

Posts 8848
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 20 2013 4:35 PM

Terry Poperszky:

They must be swamped. I emailed the same day as the blog and it took until Saturday night for me to hear back from them. I'm sure that you will hear shortly.

Posts 23
Riley Pippen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 20 2013 6:28 PM

I haven't even gotten the "canned response" after my request via e-mail. Maybe tomorrow. Smile

Posts 767
Alan Charles Gielczyk | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 20 2013 6:41 PM

I upgraded to Diamond on Nov. 1 and then Portfolio on Nov. 7. I didn't realize I would have saved going directly to Portfolio until the blog post. I emailed them and got a "sorry we can't help you." email. It seems like this is just a marketing ploy and not really an apology. An apology in my case would be a refund of the difference I paid and what I would have paid going directly to Portfolio. I would even take Logos credit. I love Logos but some of the things they have been doing lately are not sitting well with me.

Posts 4753
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 20 2013 6:53 PM

Bruce Dunning:

I thought that I would provide an update regarding my previous posts on this thread.

The Logos staff emailed me an offer to upgrade to Portfolio that I could not refuse. After discussing it with my wife we've decided to go ahead and accept their offer. 

Thanks Logos!

Ah! Welcome to Port Folio! As a member of "the family" Wink you will now be privy to many more Logos offers "that you can't refuse". Enjoy your stay!

...and remember--never speak ill of the family. Zip it!

Posts 927
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 20 2013 7:19 PM

Alan Charles Gielczyk:

I upgraded to Diamond on Nov. 1 and then Portfolio on Nov. 7. I didn't realize I would have saved going directly to Portfolio until the blog post. I emailed them and got a "sorry we can't help you." email. It seems like this is just a marketing ploy and not really an apology. An apology in my case would be a refund of the difference I paid and what I would have paid going directly to Portfolio. I would even take Logos credit. I love Logos but some of the things they have been doing lately are not sitting well with me.

Don't take that email as the final answer, Alan. Your situation sounds exactly what the blog says Logos will make right. Give sales a call and give them a chance to make it right. 

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 8848
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 21 2013 3:58 AM

David Paul:

Bruce Dunning:

Thanks Logos!

Ah! Welcome to Port Folio! As a member of "the family" Wink you will now be privy to many more Logos offers "that you can't refuse". Enjoy your stay!

...and remember--never speak ill of the family. Zip it!

What have I got myself into? Surprise

Posts 8848
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 21 2013 4:00 AM

Bill Moore:

Alan Charles Gielczyk:

Don't take that email as the final answer, Alan. Your situation sounds exactly what the blog says Logos will make right. Give sales a call and give them a chance to make it right. 

When did you email them to ask? If it was before the apology blog I would encourage you to give it a try again.

Posts 3154
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 21 2013 6:48 AM

Here's a better sales pitch- and one that works for all of us-

"if you have  Portfolio, and have $20k invested in Logos- you receive an automatic 25% all resources, and pre-pub pricing remains in effect for a lifetime."

Just think how many would upgrade to Portfolio and try to reach the 20k threshold to have those deals:)

Posts 2822
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 21 2013 2:51 PM

I see few things in Portfolio that are not in the Diamond package that I would want.  At least not enough to pay the difference, or anything close to the difference.  (Of course I have bought some of the resources exclusive to the Portfolio already, and that may be a factor in my opinion about what is left.)

I would like to know what is exclusive Portfolio that would move others to buy it.  I guess I am asking to "sold" on Portfolio, because I just can't see it now even with the new discount.

Despite my argumentative nature, Wink  I promise not argue with anyone about their opinions.  I'd just like to consider what you think, not try to change your mind.  In fact, I won't even comment, but I'd like your opinion.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 1557
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 21 2013 3:17 PM

Diamond gave me just about all I wanted. I will save the money from the Portfolio upgrade and by stuff I will actually use...over time of course. I dont need more books that Im not going to read, I have enough of them in Diamond. Geeked

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 10034
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 21 2013 3:35 PM

I don't know ... to the uninitiated 'Diamond' means what?  Now everyone KNOWS what 'Portfolio' means. (You've arrived.)

Posts 1557
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 21 2013 3:59 PM

Most people I know think I "arrived" when they see how much Diamond cost...namely my Wife! Big Smile

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 8848
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 21 2013 4:36 PM

Michael Childs:

I would like to know what is exclusive Portfolio that would move others to buy it.  I guess I am asking to "sold" on Portfolio, because I just can't see it now even with the new discount.

One thing that I have to keep reminding myself is that it is difficult to compare one person's situation to another because each person's resources differ. One person may have resources that another does not. Of course this will impact the price each person will pay.

I can only speak from my perspective. The top 10 Portfolio resources that attracted me are:

1. Lloyd Jones Exposition of Ephesians (8 vols.) @ $140
  2. Jewish Law @ $400
  3. Near Eastern History @ $400
  4. Sheffield/T & T Clark Bible Guides Collection (44 vols.) @ $850
  5. Gnostic & Apocryphal Studies Collection (10 vols.)@ $650
  6. Library of NT Studies: JSNTS on Paul (17 vols.)@ $450
  7. Library of NT Studies: JSNTS on the Gospels and Acts (16 vols.) @ $300
  8. Studies in New Testament Greek and JSNTS Collection (17 vols.)@ $396
  9. Lexham Discourse Greek New Testament Bundle (6 vols.)@ $150
  10. Roy Gingrich’s Commentaries in Outline Form (100 vols.) @ $280

It cost me $1,000 more to go to from Diamond to Portfolio and these 10 resources alone are valued at over $4,000. Of course no one would pay that much for them even in Logos but it still is significant. In addition there were many less expensive books that I was interested in that I didn't include. My library is now far more extensive and useful for research.

Finally I should mention that my wife was in full support of doing this as we discussed the opportunity and the purchase fit our personal life-stage and life-circumstances.

I'm not saying this to justify my purchase but rather to provide a full answer to your question. I hope it helps.

Page 2 of 3 (53 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS