NICNT separate volumes?

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 73
Pavel Škoda | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 17 2013 12:59 AM

Is there any possibiliy to buy separate volumes of NICNT?

I need NICNT: The Epistle to the Romans and don't want to buy it as a paper book)

(other commentaries have this option, e.g. Baker Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament)

Thanks for answer

Posts 22640
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 17 2013 1:27 AM

Hi Pavel

Pavel Škoda:
Is there any possibiliy to buy separate volumes of NICNT?

Not at the moment - the smallest bundle in this series is one for the New Testament and one for the Old.

Graham

Posts 18860
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 17 2013 2:20 AM

It is available in digital format in three competitors' products. If you are really desperate for an e-version of this, you can find them by Googling romans nicnt {theword | accordance | wordsearchbible}. Large chunks of it are also available for free previewing on Google Books.

Come on, Logos! What is taking you so long to get the rights to unbundle this? People are resorting to desperate measures.

Posts 73
Pavel Škoda | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 17 2013 5:38 AM

Thanks for answers. 

Bad news that LOGOS does not want to unbundle it :-(

TW is surely option but i would like of course preferer LOGOS....

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 17 2013 6:44 AM

Pavel Škoda:

My guess is Logos wants to unbundle it. A small sale is better than no sale. Rosie probably hit the nail on the head by mentioning the rights to sell the volumes individually. There is probably some detail in the original negotiations that is delaying or preventing the set from being broken up 

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 10554
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 17 2013 6:49 AM

Pavel Škoda:

I don't think so. In the case of NICNT, the Logos combined revenue for single volumes would surely be higher than the revenue they make for the complete sets (unless their part is a steep rising percentage of the dollar volume per transaction).

IIRC there was a  blog post from 2009 or so when they got the contract in place to sell NICOT/NT at all, back then only the complete bible and the post said they don't even expect to be able to separate OT from NT for years to come (luckily this has been done). EDIT: see Phil Gons' post here https://blog.logos.com/2009/05/eerdmans_nicot_and_nicnt_on_pre-pub/ and also Dan Pritchett's answer re single volumes in the comments /EDIT

Times change, but contracts don't if they aren't renegotiated. For the publisher the situation may look much different than for Logos. Therefore, I think Logos wants to unbundle but currently can't. Hope they get a better contract soon.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 17 2013 8:43 AM

Might be worth a call to Sales:

who knows it may be already happening but not quite announced (it must take quite some time to assemble individual pages for each volume and may not be the highest priority for the web team given all the new pre-pubs that seem to be coming evey few days !!

Posts 73
Pavel Škoda | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 17 2013 10:08 PM

Thanks to all for suggestions.

Unfortunately sales confirmed to me there is not a chance to buy it separately :-(
Good tips for "smaller" works of D. Moo on Romans. I guess I try one of them...

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 18 2013 6:49 PM

Assumed you wanted the commentary by Moo rather than the earlier NICNT commentary on Romans by Murray (which is available separately):

https://www.logos.com/product/7458/the-epistle-to-the-romans

Murray, J. (1968). The Epistle to the Romans. The New International Commentary on the Old and New Testament. Grand Rapids, MI; Cambridge, U.K.: Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co.

Posts 73
Pavel Škoda | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 20 2013 11:22 AM

Yes, my focus is on Moo's commantary. Thank you for tips on Murray's anyway.

Posts 40
Stéphane Kapitaniuk | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2013 7:21 AM

Pavel,

I was told last week by Logos that negotiations are underway with Eerdmans. But I wasn't given a date. I've decided to wait. If nothing seems to move in the next few months, I'll buy it  on Accordance or in paper format.

Posts 73
Pavel Škoda | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2013 10:09 AM

Thank very much for info Stephane, good news that negotiations are underway Smile

Posts 171
Adam Rao | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 29 2013 3:31 PM

Separate volumes would be nice!

Posts 30
Peter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 14 2013 5:02 AM

This thyread is not going to die any time soon is it? I am two weeks into a new semester at college and the lecturer is using a lot of Towner, Letters to Timothy and Titus from the NICNT as a secondary resource. I want to purchase the book but I can only get the NT set for $770 odd. Ridiculous for one unit. Logos help us out here please. Perhaps you could arrange a library type facility where students could rent the book for a semester. Once the assignments are over the book reverts back to Logos.

Posts 73
Pavel Škoda | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 28 2013 6:05 AM

Does anyone know something new about alledged negotiation between Logos and Eerdmans concerning NICNT?

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS