Preaching the Word Upgrade 3 available for free

Page 1 of 2 (34 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 33 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 128
Simon Pleasants | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 18 2013 3:40 PM

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but I've just noticed that Preaching the Word Upgrade 3 is available for free. It consists of commentaries on Deuteronomy (Ajith Fernando), Proverbs (Raymond Ortland), 1 and 2 Thessalonians (James Grant), and Revelation (James Hamilton). Worth picking up while it's free.

"Upon a life I did not live, Upon a death I did not die, Another's life, another's death, I stake my whole eternity"

Horatius Bonar

Posts 2242
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 18 2013 3:46 PM

When I get to the screen it does say free, 100%, but when trying to check out, it says, $89.95.  That's not free.  There is a glitch somewhere.

Posts 128
Simon Pleasants | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 18 2013 3:51 PM

Kenneth Neighoff:

When I get to the screen it does say free, 100%, but when trying to check out, it says, $89.95.  That's not free.  There is a glitch somewhere.

My order history shows that I paid $0.00 for it. It does seem strange that it hasn't been promoted as a special offer.

"Upon a life I did not live, Upon a death I did not die, Another's life, another's death, I stake my whole eternity"

Horatius Bonar

Posts 19692
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 18 2013 3:58 PM

I suspect it's a glitch. I was able to purchase it for $0.00, but I've emailed Phil Gons to ask him what is up. I'm fully expecting to have to return it and pay for it, which is OK. I wouldn't want to take advantage of Logos if it was a simple error. Though of course I'm halfway hoping it was an intentional surprise gift to us all. Smile

Posts 2242
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 18 2013 4:01 PM

Rosie,
When you hear back from Phil, can you let me know what he says.

Thanks

Posts 1342
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 18 2013 4:03 PM

When I added to my cart it was $89. I don't dare try the quick buy button because it might charge me $89! Or maybe that's how you all were able to get it for free...

Posts 205
LogosEmployee
Kent Hendricks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 18 2013 4:05 PM

This is a glitch, and it has been fixed.

Posts 19692
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 18 2013 4:05 PM

Kenneth Neighoff:

When you hear back from Phil, can you let me know what he says.

He said "I'm on it." And I've also given him the link to this thread. So I suspect we will hear an answer from him here soon. If he emails me back before that, I'll surely update you all.

Posts 1150
Anthony H | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 18 2013 4:15 PM

Kent Hendricks:

I just ordered it for free. Wait. A glitch in which direction? Is it free? Tongue Tied

Posts 2242
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 18 2013 4:20 PM

Anthony H:

Kent Hendricks:

I just ordered it for free. Wait. A glitch in which direction? Is it free? Tongue Tied

I think the glitch is, not supposed to be free, but $89.95.   Earlier one screen said "free" then the check out screen gave the price,  now the link only shows the price of $89.95 with options to either pay all at once, or on payments.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 18 2013 4:25 PM

Anthony H:

Kent Hendricks:

I'm waiting for it to download to my Logos 5.0a RC-4 installation today!             *smile*

If Logos gives it away free to others, perhaps I might be a wee bit distraught at paying almost 60 Canadian dollars for it...

Peace to all!

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 2784
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 18 2013 5:09 PM

Checked my Pre-Pub orders this morning. This afternoon, 1 shipped and charged, the other (PTW) stated "Ships Today". Later looked at my email and had an email from the "Free Logos Books" feed. I jumped on that one, but did not modify or cancel my Pre-Pub order. I am grateful to Logos for the gift (if it is in fact free), however, I will not complain, gripe, or dispute if it is not. Smile

Posts 2242
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 18 2013 6:16 PM

This is being reported on twitterby people linking to this as being free. But the link shows a cost.  Logos really needs to fix this big time. 

Posts 30664
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 18 2013 6:27 PM

Kenneth Neighoff:

This is being reported on twitterby people linking to this as being free. But the link shows a cost.  Logos really needs to fix this big time. 

It already has been fixed… (it isn't free). A post above by Kent (from Logos):

Kent Hendricks:

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2242
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 18 2013 6:36 PM

alabama24:

Kenneth Neighoff:

It already has been fixed… (it isn't free). A post above by Kent (from Logos):

Kent Hendricks:

I know what Kent said above, the twitter message was from 30 minutes ago, and they reported they got it free and posted the link to it for others to use. 

Just trying to clear up confusion, if people read one social media before reading the forums, so Logos could post there as well.

Posts 1342
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 18 2013 6:59 PM

Erwin Stull, Sr.:
had an email from the "Free Logos Books" feed.

Erwin, where do I subscribe to this feed? I've never heard of this.

Posts 2
Steven Langella | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 18 2013 7:07 PM

I knew this could not be correct.  Hard to believe that Preaching The Word upgrade would be free.  It is such a great series and worth every penny!  Though it would be nice Smile

Posts 2784
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 18 2013 7:14 PM

Liam Walsh:

Erwin Stull, Sr.:
had an email from the "Free Logos Books" feed.

Erwin, where do I subscribe to this feed? I've never heard of this.

Hi Liam;

You log into your account on the Logos website, then go to the "Notifications" section listed on the drop-down menu under your name. From there you can check or uncheck any of the options you are interested in. You will see one that says "Free Book Of The Month". That's the one that will let you know of the free books (once released).

Posts 30664
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 18 2013 7:32 PM

Kenneth Neighoff:

I know what Kent said above, the twitter message was from 30 minutes ago, and they reported they got it free and posted the link to it for others to use. 

Just trying to clear up confusion, if people read one social media before reading the forums, so Logos could post there as well.

I don't think I follow. Who sent a tweet? Where do you want Logos to post an announcement? (On the product page? That would make sense and is a good idea).

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2089
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 18 2013 7:45 PM

This email actually came through on the mailing list at: http://www.heidoc.net/joomla/bible-apps/vyrso-freebies

I also setup this link on my browser toolbar:

javascript:window.open('http://vyrso.com/products/search?q=price%3A%5B0+TO+0%5D&unlocked=no&start=0&sort=rel&pageSize=60');

For those of us who got the book free by mistake, what do we need to do to make it right?

Page 1 of 2 (34 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS