two issues this morning, one big

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 106
George Drake | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jan 20 2013 7:10 AM

1. Is it not possible to enter a crawling text announcement during a looping item? We have a prayer loop... displays names every 5 seconds. Someone handed me a note that someones lights was on but I couldnt type it in until I moved to the next item that wasnt looping.

Also, with a white background on the slide its almost impossible to read the text. Is there a way to change the crawler settings?

2. I noticed a mistake on a slide. No big deal, i went to edit in the middle of service. Right when the congregation was to follow along on the screens. then BAM. spinning wheel of death. Proclaim crashed. In my mind, still no biggie. ProPresenter has crashed before in service. So i just hit force quit (i have the church logo as the wallpaper so it just looks like I went to logo) After i force quit Proclaim would not reopen! I was forced to reboot which is VERY noticible and also caused me to stop recording the audio.

Posts 4
Matt Rider | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 20 2013 7:16 AM

Editing content WITHOUT taking offline is a HUGE feature we need as a small church who rarely gets our presentation done by sunday morning anyhow....

Posts 106
George Drake | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 20 2013 7:23 AM

I have been able to do this in the past... today, Proclaim just didnt feel like it I guess.

Also it doesnt appear my videos are running smooth, looks like im dropping random frames randomly in my video loops. Which shouldnt happen as im running it on a Mac Pro with mucho RAM and processing power.

Posts 106
George Drake | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 20 2013 7:32 AM

We just had another CRASH! during our announcement slides the operator was using the horizontal scroll bar to see what was next and the spinning wheel came back again.

Not sure whats going on with Proclaim today.

This time i was able to force quit and reopen without a reboot......

Posts 159
Matthew Peterson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 20 2013 10:00 AM

George,

You bring up two good features which we will address soon in the program; 1) Putting crawler text over a loop and easily applying a drop shadow to crawler text. 2) Customizing a slide while On Air.

Can you please post your log files to this forum post so we can get to the bottom of your crashing issue? It will help us look into the crash and make any adjustments.

Posts 159
Matthew Peterson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 20 2013 10:01 AM

Matt, we will address On Air editing right away.

Posts 159
Matthew Peterson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 20 2013 10:12 AM

The ability edit content while On Air, is a feature currently available. While presenting you can click "EDIT" near the "On Air" button to adjust the text under the content field. You can also adjust the background, notes, and Signals while On Air. You do NOT currently have the ability to access the full "Customize" screen for moving content areas around, adding new fields, or making font adjustments. Please let me know if you have been able to adjust the text and other fields using the "EDIT" features while On Ar. I'd also like to know if the full "Customize" screen is something you desire while On Air.

Posts 106
George Drake | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 20 2013 10:28 AM

If you are talking to me, Proclaim crashed while editing a standard slide but i have requested in another thread to be able to customize slides during the editing process.

Posts 4
Matt Rider | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 20 2013 10:24 PM

yes verry much! while you can do SOME formating while on line...if I have a small inconsistency in my formating...I am forced to go offline...

I understand the point of having no major edits while online...it would be nice to over-ride that preventitive mesure...ie what if an administrator can say wether editing while online is available...I like options....options and controls are good =)

Posts 18
Jay Vestal | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 10 2013 3:00 PM

I too would very much like to be able to access the full "Customize" screen while On Air.  This allows me to make correction to text size and placement that may have been overlooked by whomever set the slide up originally.  Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS