Logos off of flash drive

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 56
Paul Knopf | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 21 2013 11:44 AM

I know there have been previous posts on the topic but I hadn't seen it resolved yet.  Can you run Logos off of a flash drive?  By this I mean can you have the program on the mac but all the resources and index file on a flash drive.  By removing Logos 4 from my MacBook Air, I got back 25GB of space.  Unfortunately that is too much space to utilize on my limited HD.

thanks in advance

Posts 5318
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 21 2013 12:05 PM

The only way I see it possibly working is if you could install the APP and files on your machine and then copy all the contents out of the logos4 folder in you user library folder and then delete them and copy aliases of them back into the Logos4 folder from the thumb drive. THIS MAY NOT WORK, but it is the only chance I see to get the BULK  of the program off the hard drive yet still functional. Most likely some Logos tech will come back saying this wont work but I don't see the options out there to do it.

-dan

Posts 872
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 21 2013 12:19 PM

Paul Knopf:

Can you run Logos off of a flash drive?

If you can figure a way to transfer files and the pointers to the files, it will work for a little while before you hit the write-limit for the flash drive.  Then you would lose everything until you reinstalled Logos.  --Voice of Experience

Posts 56
Paul Knopf | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 21 2013 7:43 PM

Thank you for your responses...too bad it will no longer work for my set-up

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 21 2013 7:55 PM

External storage (or different partition) can be used with a folder symbolically linked to ~/Library/Application Support/Logos 4

Would be prudent to change Logos settings to not launch automatically when user logins if external volume may not be mounted during user login.

Also wise to quit Logos and wait for sync to complete before ejecting external storage.

Likewise would have Logos closed when moving and linking Logos4 folder.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS