Thank you, Logos, for a very interesting and sophisticated new feature!

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 24 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 23 2013 5:02 PM

Peace to my Brothers and Sisters on these Logos Forums.

I just downloaded the new Logos 5.0b (5.0.2.0556) and happened to notice a new feature in my library.  Evidently if I "check off" a resource on one of the four Logos Mobile Apps icons, the next time I use that App (where there's Wi-Fi, I presume!) the resource will download!

I don't really need the feature super-much; however, it's quite nice, I think; and I want to say Thank You to Logos!              Now I need to remember that I have one more feature!   *smile*

BTW, I use all four of the Logos Apps on my iPad2 to save time and have a few things set up for myself which will be "at my fingertips" ...

Here's a screenshot re. this new feature....

(one of my textbooks at Concordia Lutheran Seminary, St. Louis, in 1959 through 1962!    *smile*   Really great book!  (This book I've already downloaded to the Logos and the Verbum apps!          Thanks Logos, so much, for the four apps also!   *smile*           Gives me lots of options on my 64G iPad2, that I mainly use for my Logos Resources!)

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 1150
Anthony H | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 23 2013 6:38 PM

Odd, I don't seem to have that functionality.

Posts 6779
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 23 2013 6:42 PM

Just downloaded the RC and I do not see the option to instruct the software to download a resource to my tablet.

Lynden Williams Communications

Posts 1150
Anthony H | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 23 2013 6:59 PM

OK, I'm not sure what happened but it's showing up now.... it must be a sync issue.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 23 2013 7:11 PM

Peace, Anthony!   *smile*         I'm glad it showed up for you!            Maybe Lynden's will also!

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 1150
Anthony H | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 23 2013 7:19 PM

Milford Charles Murray:

Peace, Anthony!   *smile*         I'm glad it showed up for you!            Maybe Lynden's will also!

SmileYes

Posts 27986
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 23 2013 10:25 PM

Anthony H:

OK, I'm not sure what happened but it's showing up now.... it must be a sync issue.

This is still a beta release so bugs/comments should be posted to the Desktop Beta forum.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 1084
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 23 2013 11:20 PM

This feature only shows up in the library if you have a tablet running one of the logos apps. Even then, for a few resources it will not show due to licensing issues.

I would estimate, based on my limited experience that maybe 5% or less of resources are not available.

I have even found at least one resource the is online only ... 

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 177
Alan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 24 2013 4:38 AM

Nice feature. Would be nice to expand on this to have collections that device specific. 

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Posts 25987
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 24 2013 5:07 AM

Hi Alan

Alan:
Would be nice to expand on this to have collections that device specific. 

Sorry, I don't understand

Could you expand on this a little please?

Graham 

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 24 2013 6:38 AM

Dave Hooton:

Anthony H:

This is still a beta release so bugs/comments should be posted to the Desktop Beta forum.

Sorry that I "slipped up," Dave!                A Release Candidate IS still a Beta!               I think I knew that; however, it did not come to the fore in my mind!    *smile*

Peace and Every Blessing!

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 24 2013 6:57 AM

Yes

this would be super!

Posts 1281

Yes

this would be super!

Posts 1281

Yes

this would be super!

Posts 1150
Anthony H | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 24 2013 7:11 AM

Milford Charles Murray:

Dave Hooton:

Anthony H:

Sorry that I "slipped up," Dave!                A Release Candidate IS still a Beta!               I think I knew that; however, it did not come to the fore in my mind!    *smile*

Peace and Every Blessing!

According to their own vocabulary an RC is consider stable...implying "not beta" while still being beta, I guess. Stick out tongueSmile

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 24 2013 7:44 AM

Anthony H:
According to their own vocabulary an RC is consider stable...implying "not beta" while still being beta, I guess. Stick out tongueSmile

which means  ..............                if things "go haywire," that theoretically customer service would NOT help out so-called Beta Users.

....   maybe they would just be "nice," eh???                                          Peace to all!            ... and ...       ...  Always Joy in the Lord!

Posts 6779
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 24 2013 8:11 AM

Lynden Williams:

Just downloaded the RC and I do not see the option to instruct the software to download a resource to my tablet.

It showed up.

Lynden Williams Communications

Posts 249
BriM | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 24 2013 11:42 AM

This sounds very good.

Does this forthcoming feature allow multiple items to be selected at once or will we have to select each resource individually?

Posts 27986
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 24 2013 12:16 PM

BriM:

This sounds very good.

Does this forthcoming feature allow multiple items to be selected at once or will we have to select each resource individually?

You select resources individually in the desktop. In theory, if you had to reinstall or accidentally lost resources from the device, they would be downloaded automatically because of the desktop selection.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 24 2013 3:59 PM

Dave Hooton:
You select resources individually in the desktop. In theory, if you had to reinstall or accidentally lost resources from the device, they would be downloaded automatically because of the desktop selection.

Thanks, Dave!          That is quite helpful!                   As of right now, then, I wouldn't hesitate at all to delete a "sick" app since I don't have to keep a separate list somewhere of what I want downloaded unto each particular app!       That list has already been set up by me as I have used my apps and my library.   That probably means "when" an app is "acting up" because trouble will happen indeed.   So it's "when" ..  not "if"!  *smile*

Peace!

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS