Prioritization... there must be a better way!

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 453
Mike S. | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 24 2013 7:56 AM

1. Is there a way to identify what is not prioritized in my library?

2. Is there any documentation/screencast, etc. on the "Advanced" prioritization features?

3. Is there a better way to prioritize a portfolio sized library?

Posts 25139
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 24 2013 8:08 AM

Mike S.:
1. Is there a way to identify what is not prioritized in my library?

Not that I am aware of

Mike S.:
2. Is there any documentation/screencast, etc. on the "Advanced" prioritization features?

http://wiki.logos.com/Prioritizing#Advanced_Prioritization has some useful information and pointers to one of Mark Barnes' videos

Mike S.:

The best information I am aware of is on the wiki (http://wiki.logos.com/Prioritizing) and in Mark's video referenced off that wiki article.

Are there specific issues you are seeing which those with portfolio sized libraries may be able to comment on?

Posts 26968
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 24 2013 1:05 PM

Mike S.:

You don't have to prioritize the whole library. Prioritize about 6 of each type like Commentary,  Encyclopedia. Separate Bible and Lexicon into languages and prioritize 5-6 for each language. If you have several Commentary sections in Passage Guide then prioritize the top 6 in each commentary collection.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 24 2013 2:19 PM

Mike's comment / questions are interesting.

If you look at the old Libronix, managing its keylinks was (is) fairly easy. I don't know why, but periodically Libronix destroys them, but I can redo them in minutes for all my datatypes I use.

And for the 'arrowing' from type-of-book to the next personal choice, it's similarly easy. I have my favorite commentaries set up for each book in the Bible (as well as other types of books).  I haven't seen how you do that in Logos4/5.  I'm guessing advanced prioritization?

'But' ... Libronix won't (best I can figure) allow me to pick my favorite commentaries for the passage guide, etc (which I only recently started using after 7 years).

So I'm guessing when they designed Logos4, the whole area got a COM-PRE-HEN-SIVE re-design.

And It IS more comprehensive. But the 'advanced' is just not intuitive or easily visible. Plus it must have taken Steve at least 2-3 nights work just making that Wiki page to try to explain it!

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 26968
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 24 2013 2:29 PM

DMB:
'But' ... Libronix won't (best I can figure) allow me to pick my favorite commentaries for the passage guide, etc (which I only recently started using after 7 years).

Like L4/L5 tell PG to use your collection of commentaries (in its options/preferences).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 24 2013 2:46 PM

Oh Lordy. 'Collections.'  Forgot about that.

I'm a 'tagger'.  But appreciate the reminder!

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 196
Dan Pogue | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 24 2013 5:32 PM

Great, then I must be a lagger!!  Stick out tongue

Posts 270
KJ Niblett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 24 2013 9:34 PM

I agree; Logos needs to make a more user friendly way of Prioritising resources.

Could they make seperate catagories for prioritization

Such as

Dictionaries

Commentaries

Lexicons

Posts 26968
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 24 2013 9:43 PM

Kelvin Niblett:

Could they make seperate catagories for prioritization

Such as

Dictionaries

Commentaries

Lexicons

Their basic idea is that you display the categories in Library  e.g. type:bible lang:English and then drag them one at a time into the Prioritization panel. You can prioritise a commentary series by right clicking one commentary and selecting the appropriate Prioritize option.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 270
KJ Niblett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 24 2013 9:50 PM

I understand that thanks Dave, but it would be nice if their was a more user friendly way of prioritizing resources by catagory.

For example, I recently purchased AYB.

It would be nice if there was a dictionary only catagory so I can see clearly where AYB sits compared to my other dictionaries.

Posts 26968
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 24 2013 9:57 PM

Kelvin Niblett:
It would be nice if there was a dictionary only catagory so I can see clearly where AYB sits compared to my other dictionaries.

Ahh, yes. Headings would better separate the resources. See this wiki article http://wiki.logos.com/Prioritizing#Example_of_full_Prioritized_list

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 25 2013 12:42 AM

...and while we're at it, the ability to widen the prioritization column would be great for reading titles.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 25 2013 1:06 AM

Paul Newsome:
the ability to widen the prioritization column would be great

Yes  (I think there's a Suggestion about it somewhere.)

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS