Complete Wordstudy Bible

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 129
RGP | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 24 2013 9:19 AM

Hi,

Is the Complete Word Study Bible available on a mobile device? if not when might it become available?

Many thanks

Robert.

Posts 27781
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 24 2013 9:22 AM

I am unfamiliar with that resource. It doesn't appear on the Logos website... Do you own it already?

EDIT: I see its part of a collection which isn't mobile enabled. The publisher would have to sign off its usage on mobile. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1134
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 24 2013 9:34 AM

The Complete Wordstudy Dictionary both Old and New Testaments is available on the e-sword app for the iPad.  It  has to be puchased as a premium module.  I know, the OP stated "Bible", not dictionary.  I just thought I would mention it as related.

Posts 129
RGP | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 25 2013 12:56 AM

Thanks for the respnses! I wonder if Logos has any further info as to when it might become available.

Robert.

Posts 27781
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 25 2013 3:04 AM

RGP:

Thanks for the respnses! I wonder if Logos has any further info as to when it might become available.

Robert.

Logos generally doesn't comment on such matters, other than to say "we're working on it." Since it is a legal (licensing) matter, it requires negotiations, which Logos doesn't talk about publicly. The issue isn't likely about whether the publisher doesn't want you to use the resource on mobile, but rather whether your license for desktop should also cover mobile, without having to purchase a new license. I would expect that of a deal is reached, once the "ink is dry," the availability would just happen... But perhaps with higher prices for new users. Wink

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 25 2013 8:26 AM

RGP:

Hi,

Is the Complete Word Study Bible available on a mobile device? if not when might it become available?

Many thanks

Robert.

Peace Robert!         *smile*

I have the Complete Word Study Bible in my library and have just taken a look at it again to determine why I never seem to use it.  I think because I can get (usually!) the same information in a more simplified way, and that I feel the Word Study Bible is a bit "clunky."

Just to experiment, I just went on my iPad2, put KJV in one column, looked up a hard word in Psalms, then did two things:

First:  a lookup - it gave me a definition and Strong's Enhanced Number if I wanted to look that up.

Second:  I did a Bible Word Study.            It was lovely!

So, I'm wondering why you want the Complete Word Study Bible on your mobile when -- it seems to me! -- that you have a better way already of viewing!

Please enlighten me!            *smile*

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 10248
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 25 2013 8:47 AM

Milford ... are we looking at the same book?   Take for example gennao (1080). CWS first gives a quick once-over. But then it goes into some discussion on each type of usage, along with references for that usage (the one concerning God is quite interesting).  It sort of combines a small lexicon with a theology dictionary.

As far as I know, it's pretty unique, especially if a person's not 'greek-y' and/or doesn't have money for the 'big boys'.

But maybe I'm misunderstanding completely.

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 25 2013 8:57 AM

I agree with Milford. When the CWSB came out in print it was a handy resource with the numbers in the text, as well before Bible software became advanced and intuitive with embedded linking and referencing, the CWSB was a God send.

But now with the advance features of even the Logos mobile platforms, it is superfluous. The real information is still in the Complete word Study Dictionaries, and they can be referenced from any Strong's linked bible.

Although, if I was stuck on a desert island and could only have four books...

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 25 2013 9:14 AM

DMB:

Milford ... are we looking at the same book?   Take for example gennao (1080). CWS first gives a quick once-over. But then it goes into some discussion on each type of usage, along with references for that usage (the one concerning God is quite interesting).  It sort of combines a small lexicon with a theology dictionary.

As far as I know, it's pretty unique, especially if a person's not 'greek-y' and/or doesn't have money for the 'big boys'.

But maybe I'm misunderstanding completely.

Peace to you, Denise!               What an excellent example of the good usage of the Complete Bible Study Dictionary you give.  It's quite good!  oppss, someone's at my door and will finish this later ....

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 129
RGP | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 25 2013 10:49 AM

Hello Milford,

Maybe a little bit more information may help you to understand the reason for my question.

I would like access to the CWSB mainly for the grammatical info in the Old Testament, in particular I would hope that I can access that info offline? Now I do have the Lexham Hebrew Bible which is excellent and does give me the full grammatical info offline but I find it takes me longer reading a passage using that resource while following along in print a bible, I just want to be able to have a quick reference that gives me the concise info about a verb etc, when offline. I use Logos most of the time on ios and a good part of that offline.

I hope Milford that gives you some more info as to my question. Maybe another resource is available in Logos that would be better? Anyway it is no great problem and thank you for your interest!

Robert.

Posts 1653
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 25 2013 10:59 AM

I can confirm that this resource is not available in the Logos app on my iPad.

I do own it in Logos 5.

Peace  Smile

Romans 14:19 (NRSV)
19 Let us then pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

Posts 27781
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 25 2013 11:47 AM

RGP:
I would like access to the CWSB mainly for the grammatical info in the Old Testament, in particular I would hope that I can access that info offline?

Reverse Interlinear info isn't available offline… I would assume the same would be true for the underlying info for the CWSB even if it were made available… at least until RI info is available for other resources as well.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS