Search result destination

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 98
J. Kane | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 24 2013 2:11 PM

I keep trying to use the "send searches here" function in the drop down menu of the search tab. 

I study using a 4 column layout. 

Sometimes I want to chase a rabbit trail and open a search box in a floating window.

When I get the results and click on one it opens in a window on the main Logos layout.  I click "send searches here" and it still sends search results I open to the main Logos layout.

What is the "send searches here" do?

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 24 2013 2:58 PM

Yes ... that 'feature' kind of drives me crazy too.

'Send searches here' refers to the search itself; not clicking on the results of the searches, after you review them. If you click on the result of a search, it will almost always go to the main window (but not guaranteed).

To get your results to STAY in the same window, you drag the orange-y words in the search-panel up to the top to create another tab (or panel).

I have 6 windows in my layout, and believe it or not, it will NEVER put the results of a search-click anywhere near the window I'm on.

I hope I understood you right?

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 24 2013 3:37 PM

J. Kane:
What is the "send searches here" do?

Not sure what to advise, as this does work as you expect with Logos5.0b.

This is how I'm testing it: right click on word, using either 'Selection' or 'Lemma' (depending on the resource) from the right side of the menu, execute various searches from the left side. Works as expected.

What specific steps are you following to get the results you're seeing?

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 98
J. Kane | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 24 2013 3:42 PM

Denise you have it...

I didn't know about dragging the "orange-y" words up - I tried it and it worked.

I think that's called "challenge more or less solved..."

Thanks!

Posts 98
J. Kane | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 24 2013 3:43 PM

Richard I'm not sure if you're answering my question.

I think Denise got it...

But just in case:  here's what the top of the floating window looks like as I drag the books that have opened somewhere else into the floating search window looks like.

Posts 98
J. Kane | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 24 2013 3:44 PM

Oops...the screen capture didn't post...I forgot how...but Denise helped for now.  I'm not too worried about dragging an orange-y think up...

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS