Help with composing search

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 107
Paul Yeager | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 24 2013 10:11 PM

I would like to search for all instances in which Jesus extends a universal invitation (such as in Matt 11 27 -- Come to me, all you who are weary and heavy laden...). 

I would like to use the clause search so that I can see instances like Matt 11 27 in which "Jesus" is not named in the verse.

I did compose the following in Bible search but it seems weak (and again does not bring up verses such as Matt 11 27):  SEARCH: Jesus NEAR anyone, everyone, "all you", "all who"

Any suggestions or helps are greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Posts 25973
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 25 2013 12:13 AM

Hi Paul

Paul Yeager:
I would like to search for all instances in which Jesus extends a universal invitation (such as in Matt 11 27 -- Come to me, all you who are weary and heavy laden...). 

I don't believe you can do this using the clause search at the moment.

You would need to specify "subject:jesus" and then be able to signify that the focus of the invitation was to all - something like the Louw-Nida range 59.23-59.34 (the "all" in Matthew 11:28 is tagged as Louw-Nida 59.23)

But at the moment this isn't supported by the clause search

The best I can think of at the moment is to have "subject:jesus" and work through a range of verbs such as "come" and build up a list of the sort of verses you are looking for.

Hope this makes sense and helps a little

Graham

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS