Thank you very much!

God bless

David

Logos 8 Win 10

Posts 1945
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 9 2017 3:14 PM

Richard Wilson:
I have updated my Index of Bible Studies

I cannot tell you how thankful I am for this.  It is one of the most useful tools I have in Logos and just today I logged on wondering when it was last updated.  What a huge surprise to see that you have just updated it.  Thanks so much

Posts 2061
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 9 2017 3:26 PM

Thanks!  I agree this is quite useful. 

Posts 51
David Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 11 2017 2:56 PM

I echo these sentiments. This is a marvelous resource. I am quite grateful that you would go to the trouble to package it in such a manner that we can all benefit!

Posts 31
Joshua Ellis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 13 2017 5:24 AM

Richard Wilson:

Start the Index Bible Studies.exe program, which will open Logos (if it is not already open), read the names of all the books in your library, and then create a file My Index Bible Studies.rtf in your Documents directory. Open that file in Word or another word processor, and then save it as a docx file. Then create a personal book from that docx file.

This is great, thanks. Super helpful. Now I need to find a Windows machine somewhere to generate an index for my own library...

Posts 424
Robert Neely | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 21 2017 7:29 PM

Richard Wilson, thank you for this amazing resource!!!

Posts 111
Richard Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 8 2018 5:20 AM

Here is another update to the Index. It contains another 1,500 links, mainly to the journals that are in Portfolio (thanks to a Connect trial), and free or very cheap books in the past six months. Read my message at the bottom of the previous page of this thread for instructions on how to use it.

4212.Index Bible Studies.docx

0218.MyIndex.zip

Posts 1945
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 8 2018 5:34 AM

Thanks again, Richard.

Posts 1945
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 8 2018 6:46 AM

I am getting an error in compiling. 

Getting the books in your library runs fine.

Creating your index of Bible Study is when the error appears. The message states:

Error finding your books. Probably Logos was closed. Please restart the program and do not close Logos.

Logos is not and does not close, so I am unsure what is causing the problem.  I tried 3 times.

Any suggestions?

Posts 51
David Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 8 2018 1:27 PM

Richard. This is a real gift. Thanks for your generosity

I get the same error when I run your exe file. I tried erasing the previous index file I created last time and got the same error. It seems to work through all my collection and then gives the error. Following that it did indicate it was indexing but the index file was the old one.

Posts 10045
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 8 2018 1:56 PM

Richard Wilson:
Here is another update to the Index. It contains another 1,500 links

Thanks!

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 111
Richard Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 8 2018 3:32 PM

Sorry about that! There was one extra space in the file, that the MyIndex program could not cope with. Here are the corrected versions.

7587.Index Bible Studies.docx

1460.MyIndex.zip

Posts 1945
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 8 2018 5:03 PM

Thanks Richard, but I am still getting the same error

Posts 111
Richard Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 9 2018 12:02 AM

Mark:

Thanks Richard, but I am still getting the same error

I don't know, it is working for me now. Are you sure you are running the new version? The program "Index Bible Studies.exe" should be dated June 9 at 0.27am. (Although I'm not sure if the date and time get translated in a different time zone, but in any case the minutes should still be 27. The previous version has 53 minutes in its time stamp.)

Posts 242
David Owh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 9 2018 3:59 AM
It's working for me without error. Thank you Richard!

Logos 8 Win 10

Posts 1945
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 9 2018 3:59 AM

Yes I downloaded the latest and ran that one.  I wonder if there is a cache that I need to clean out or something.  I note that I tried the old version that worked a year ago and got the same error yesterday.  So that might indicate that some cache might need to be cleaned out. 

Posts 10045
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 9 2018 5:33 AM

Richard, this really is an incredible help.

Just for the fun of it, I ran a Logos concordance against my compiled PB and found you now include 56,875 references - for some reasons, the concordance only assigns 54,685 of those to the 1,689 books indexed. I do wonder if it is possible to build a collection of those books, also to find books that are not yet in the index and maybe create supplemental information to it.

Incidentally, I saw that I don't own the book with the most number of references in the index (one homily for a verse from every chapter of the bible), which reads like a great resource and goes for only $18:

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 1945
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 9 2018 9:18 AM

So I identified the problem.  Once I disabled bitdefender antivirus, the program compiled correctly.  Thanks again Richard for keeping this updated.

Posts 51
David Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 9 2018 12:20 PM

In addition, Richard, I had no problems with this latest version. Thanks again!!

Posts 557
Jesse Blevins | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 9 2018 4:28 PM

Thanks Richard ! 

Page 7 of 10 (184 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last » | RSS