BUG: Irritating persistent popups

Page 1 of 2 (31 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 30 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 10522
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 30 2013 8:08 AM

This is a long-standing bug in Logos for Mac that should be addressed. Every window in L5.0b RC-1 is closed and has been closed for several minutes, and Logos has been running in the background for almost the entire time. The popup shown in this screenshot cannot be dismissed without opening some Logos resource. Even more irritating is the fact that this popup will overlay any window of any application that is above the Logos screen. It is inexcusable that Logos has failed to address this bug for months.

Posts 460
Anon | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 30 2013 3:53 PM

Agree with Jack!  Irritating and annoying.  Please fix. 

MacBook Pro, OS X 10.11.5, 2.8 GHz Intel i7, 8GB

Posts 326
tjebme | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 30 2013 4:25 PM

Agree!

Posts 460
Anon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2013 12:15 AM

Thought I would revisit this post after using L5 tonight.  The experience was annoying to say the least.

Just didn't want to leave me alone.  My pet pop-up. Super Angry 

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2013 10:35 AM

There's also:

I don't have the energy to check which of these still remain, but I would imagine that most do.

Btw, since you're on an RC, wouldn't it be better to post in the Beta forum? It's so much easier to get Logos' attention there. In fact, I'm tempted to update just to get that privilege...

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 460
Anon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2013 11:17 AM

fgh:
Btw, since you're on an RC, wouldn't it be better to post in the Beta forum? It's so much easier to get Logos' attention there.

Ahh, details... yes, that would be a sensible thing to do.  In justification however, this behavior happens in all forms of releases.  Big Smile

fgh:
In fact, I'm tempted to update just to get that privilege...

Yes! Please do.  The "devs" need all the help they can get.

Posts 10522
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 31 2013 5:00 PM

fgh:
Btw, since you're on an RC, wouldn't it be better to post in the Beta forum?

Will do, and link to this thread Geeked

Posts 777
Brisa Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 6 2013 4:59 PM

Jack Caviness:

This is a long-standing bug in Logos for Mac that should be addressed. Every window in L5.0b RC-1 is closed and has been closed for several minutes, and Logos has been running in the background for almost the entire time. The popup shown in this screenshot cannot be dismissed without opening some Logos resource. Even more irritating is the fact that this popup will overlay any window of any application that is above the Logos screen. It is inexcusable that Logos has failed to address this bug for months.

I am able to reproduce this persistent popup, and will report it to Development.

Posts 777
Brisa Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 6 2013 5:01 PM

Anon:

Thought I would revisit this post after using L5 tonight.  The experience was annoying to say the least.

I haven't been able to reproduce this persistent popup. From what I can tell, it looks like the popup came from the collection/resource selection box in your text comparison window. If you have specific reproduction steps, that would be appreciated.

Posts 10522
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2013 7:17 AM

Brisa Calderon:
I haven't been able to reproduce this persistent popup.

That is amazing since I cannot escape it.

Brisa Calderon:
it looks like the popup came from the collection/resource selection box in your text comparison window

These persistent popups come from practically every popup in L4-L5.

Brisa Calderon:
If you have specific reproduction steps, that would be appreciated.

Just selecting a popup works for me, about 25% of the time.

Posts 777
Brisa Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2013 1:13 PM

fgh:

I have responded in the original threads that were not already marked as resolved. Thank you for continuing to point out the persistent popups you encounter, it is helpful in tracking them all down.

Posts 10522
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2013 2:03 PM

Brisa Calderon:
Thank you for continuing to point out the persistent popups you encounter, it is helpful in tracking them all down.

Will try to report each one. do you want new threads, or report them here?

Posts 460
Anon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2013 2:50 PM

Brisa Calderon:
I haven't been able to reproduce this persistent popup. From what I can tell, it looks like the popup came from the collection/resource selection box in your text comparison window. If you have specific reproduction steps, that would be appreciated.

Brisa, no specific steps for reproduction of this; however, I agree the pop-up looks to be from text comparison.  Main point for this pop-up is that I did not have text comparison open - this just popped up when I moved my cursor over the info panel.  

Thanks for checking. 

Posts 777
Brisa Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2013 3:52 PM

Jack Caviness:
Will try to report each one. do you want new threads, or report them here?

New threads make issues easier to keep track of. Also, the links back to the forum in release notes are easier to understand if each issue has its own thread.

Posts 777
Brisa Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 20 2013 1:09 PM

Jack Caviness:

This issue was fixed in 5.0b SR-1.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 21 2013 5:16 AM

Brisa Calderon:

No, it wasn't:

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 777
Brisa Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 21 2013 9:38 AM

fgh:

Brisa Calderon:

No, it wasn't:

I'm having some trouble reproducing this issue. It is possible that you are using a different resource than the original reported persistent popup on this thread, which is why the popup you are seeing isn't fixed.

What were the reproduction steps to generate this persistent popup? 

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 21 2013 10:13 AM

Brisa Calderon:
It is possible that you are using a different resource than the original reported persistent popup on this thread

Most likely, since I've actually never noticed this particular persistent popup before. I just saw it today, took a screenshot, and posted it in this thread, which I knew was about parsing popups. 

Brisa Calderon:
What were the reproduction steps to generate this persistent popup? 

All I did was to open SBLGNT and click the circled 'i' to check the Support info for another post. My punishment for trying to be helpful was finding two bugs, this one and the one at http://community.logos.com/forums/p/66246/464883.aspx#464883.Sad

It looks reproducible, because I can reproduce it now.

Btw, I much preferred when the parsing was at the bottom and not in a popup!

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 21 2013 10:41 AM

Hmm, this is a very persistent popup:

I don't even have the SBLGNT (or any GNT) open any more!

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 10522
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 22 2013 3:22 AM

Brisa Calderon:
I'm having some trouble reproducing this issue. It is possible that you are using a different resource than the original reported persistent popup on this thread, which is why the popup you are seeing isn't fixed.

Does this mean that every popup has different coding, and that each popup will require a separate fix? 

Page 1 of 2 (31 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS