Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 31 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 10
Brian Collins | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 18 2013 2:57 PM

If less frequent means there will still be some updates, I'll suggest two features:

I'm currently using Windows 8 on a non-touch laptop. I use Logos 5 as my primary Bible software, but I'd like to be able to use the Logos Windows Store app for basic reading of journal articles or books. It does not need to be as fully featured as the iOS app for this, but it does need two things. First and foremost access to the resources' table of contents. Also, it would be helpful to be able to pin individual resources to the Start screen (this functionality exists in the Kindle and OliveTree apps).

Posts 2
Brad Hill | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 23 2013 4:39 AM

+1 request for more development on the Windows store app! I use a Surface Pro as my only device, and would love to be able to bring it with me to church for note-taking, lookup, etc. Right now, however, the v1.0 app doesn't quite fit the bill.

Posts 1919
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 23 2013 7:24 AM

Brad Hill:

+1 request for more development on the Windows store app! I use a Surface Pro as my only device, and would love to be able to bring it with me to church for note-taking, lookup, etc. Right now, however, the v1.0 app doesn't quite fit the bill.

Brad, I agree that the Win8 APP isn't developed far enough for the use you specify. However, the Logos5 program works beautifully on a Surface Pro. I take mine to church and small group each time I go.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 61
Thomas Jackson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2013 7:49 AM

My Devotionals do not update to the current date when I open Bible!  How can I fix it so that it goes to the current date?

Thomas

Posts 98
David Saylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 8 2013 4:00 AM

I have the same tablet and would do the same except my library is too big.  I wish there was a way to choose the book that you could use on a tablet....

Posts 98
David Saylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 23 2013 11:49 AM

Try using the Locator bar or Table of contents.  It really works quite well.  Check out this video I made recently.

Here's a video to show the performance of Logos 5 on my VivoTab Smart Win 8 Tablet AND some tips on using Logos 5 on a touch device. I am really impressed on how "touch friendly" the software is.  I don't think it would take much to make it truly shine.)

(Sorry about the quality. I took it on a camera rather than by a screen capture so the touch features could be seen.)

Here's the video link...

Logos5-Win8Tablet from David Saylor on Vimeo.

Posts 98
David Saylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 23 2013 11:54 AM

My last post was in regards to Mark Nolette

"the one thing I'd like to see soon is a table of contents, or something like that, to make it easier to find a specific chapter or section. Otherwise, I can use the desktop software for any serious Bible study.". However NOW I'm thinking he meant the Windows RT Logos App.  Sorry.
Posts 9118
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 23 2013 7:30 PM

David Saylor:

Nice, David. Looks like the tablet is easy to use, responds quickly, and navigates fairly easily even by touch.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1919
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 23 2013 8:48 PM

David Saylor:

Try using the Locator bar or Table of contents.  It really works quite well.  Check out this video I made recently.

Here's a video to show the performance of Logos 5 on my VivoTab Smart Win 8 Tablet AND some tips on using Logos 5 on a touch device. I am really impressed on how "touch friendly" the software is.

Thanks David. Your video highlights a possible work around for a problem with L5 on Win8 tablets that was discussed here - http://community.logos.com/forums/p/57269/479212.aspx#479212

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 352
Mike & Rachel Aubrey | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 11 2013 11:51 AM

David Saylor:
Here's a video to show the performance of Logos 5 on my VivoTab Smart Win 8 Tablet AND some tips on using Logos 5 on a touch device. I am really impressed on how "touch friendly" the software is.  I don't think it would take much to make it truly shine.)

Yeah...but what do you loose on battery life?

I want a decent feature set on a more nimble app for reading.

Posts 490
R. Mansfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 11 2013 12:10 PM

I tried to follow David's example and placed a full installation of Logos 5 on a microSD card on my Surface Pro. However, I found the performance to be excruciatingly slow--really too slow to use on a regular basis. 

It would be nice if the executable file could run from the main SSD hard drive while the book titles were stored on the microSD. I think that might be a good compromise to get a bit more speed without using up all the room on these small hard drives. Unfortunately, I don't think there's a way to do this.

RMansfield@mac.com
http://thislamp.com 
youtube.com/user/rfmansfield
twitter/thislamp
facebook.com/rmansfield

Posts 483
Gary Butner, Th.D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2013 11:43 PM

Logos 5 works great on my 13.3 in Samsung Ultrabook,, and the resolution rivals my iPad 3. I know what Logos 5 will do, and I really can't see the need for an 8.1 app.  YMMV

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS