NT in Hebrew

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1128
William Bingham | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 5 2013 7:28 PM

I have this in pdf form but heard BW offers this in a couple of translations made in the late 1800's.  Is this available to us in Logos? 

I heard they were made from the current greek text and fashioned in Biblical hebrew style. 

Posts 18017
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 5 2013 7:41 PM

There is the Hebrew New Testament published by the Bible Society in Israel in 2000. Any particular reason why you wanted an older translation?

EDIT: Oh, I just read more carefully. You wanted it in Biblical Hebrew whereas this is in modern Hebrew.

Posts 18017
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 5 2013 9:37 PM

There's someone who was going to work on making a Personal Book version of Delitzsch's Hebrew New Testament:

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/5249/283329.aspx#283329

Posts 8715
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 6 2013 7:49 AM

Wikipedia offers quite a bit of information on Hebrew Bible translations: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_translations_into_Hebrew.

The footnotes seem to include links to several of them. 

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 3188
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 6 2013 9:18 AM

William Bingham:

I have this in pdf form but heard BW offers this in a couple of translations made in the late 1800's.  Is this available to us in Logos? 

I heard they were made from the current greek text and fashioned in Biblical hebrew style. 

Hi William,

You've wakened my curiosity... how do / would you use this resource?

Blessings!

The Grace & Peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you!
Bill

W8.1 64bit, Office 2010
i7, 2.40GHz, 1Gb graphics, 8Gb RAM, 512Gb Samsung 850 Pro SSD
HTC One M8, Android 5.0.1

Posts 1128
William Bingham | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 6 2013 12:16 PM

Hi Bill,

I am not sure exactly how I would use it.  I was just guessing that I would be able to read it first as I have started a self study of the Hebrew before Greek.  I am feeling somewhat stymied right now. 

I am reading a fairly large chunk of Hebrew but need a lot more vocabulary so I can't move to greek just yet.  I am not seeing the flavor of the NT Gospel in the OT and as a christian am missing it. 

I reallize the OT has both Law and Gospel but it just seems like the NT is clearer about Law and Gospel and If I could see the Hebrew that is used I would find something more to hang my hat on  

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS