Scofield Reference Bible (Notes): Can I make it show up in commentary window?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 40
Joe Hicks | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 8 2013 10:38 AM

Just bought the scofield collection and find the ref Bible is notes, thus it doesn't show in the commentary window, I have to open a notes window.  Any way to make notes and commentaries both appear in the same window?  logos 5, PC.  thanks

Posts 40
Joe Hicks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2013 10:49 AM

Just to clear up my question; its easy to dock the notes tab into the commentary window.  What I'm trying to do is make the notes prioritize within the commentaries in the window...so when I use the arrow keys to scroll thru the commentaries....the notes are interspersed as defined in the library prioritization.

Posts 3573
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2013 11:05 AM

Hi Joe!

Not quite clear on what you are interested in achieving. However, if you are Searching for a topic covered in both Scofield's Bible Notes and his commentary on Galatian's then one useful approach would be to put the Notes and Commentary into a Collection and perform your Search using this special Collection. If you are not familiar with collections a fast and dirty way to bone up can be found in the training video here: http://www.logos.com/videos   and/or the wiki found here: http://wiki.logos.com/Collections 

-Beloved

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.6 1TB SSD 

Posts 40
Joe Hicks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2013 11:16 AM

thanks, yes that would work and I could end up using that.  But what I'm really after is to be able to use the "prioritize" field in the library window to rank the resources without having to make a collection.  When I rank the Scofield notes they prioritize correctly amongst the other notes in my collection but the scofield dooes not prioritize with the commentaries even though its in the right spot in the prioritization....because its a note not a commentary.   Sevral other works are notes as well and they all show up in the notes window believers study bible, KJV study bible, word in life, lexham syntactic greek NT...and more.  I reckon I dunno what makes one a note and the other a commentary.  thank you for your suggestion...it will work.

Posts 3573
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2013 11:23 AM

Glad to be helpful. See you round the forums it's a wonderful way of learning and interacting. 

Peace

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.6 1TB SSD 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS