Does Video Card effect on Logos performance?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1511
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 11 2013 11:23 AM

Hi to all, I have

• i7 2600k processor,
  • SSD (read/write about 500mb/s),
  • 8gb Ram,
  • integrated video (HD300).
  • I never play games. Do I have to upgrade video card, or there is no need to throw $$$. Will it improve performance on Logos, or Win 8?

As well, is there a need to add more ram?

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 30668
    Forum MVP
    JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 11 2013 11:27 AM

I don't think there is a need for a new video card, but the PC gurus will chime in I'm sure. I would recommend getting more RAM if its in your budget.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1511
    Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 11 2013 11:32 AM

alabama24:

I would recommend getting more RAM if its in your budget.

Why?

EDIT: How does it affect on performance if Logos is 32 bit program?

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 291
    Bob Schlessman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 11 2013 12:04 PM

Slava Novik:

Hi to all, I have

• i7 2600k processor,
  • SSD (read/write about 500mb/s),
  • 8gb Ram,
  • integrated video (HD300).
  •  

I never play games. Do I have to upgrade video card, or there is no need to throw $$. Will it improve performance on Logos, or Win 8?

As well, is there a need to add more ram?

Hi Slava,

I too have a Sandy Bridge CPU (2500K) Windows 8 Pro. I also have an AMD 7750 discrete graphics card. But I did some experimenting when I first built the system and there was a significant decrease in load times for Logos when I switched to a discrete card (about 9 seconds as compared to 15 seconds with the internal graphics). Windows 8 also seems to be a bit faster and more responsive. It was hard to gauge differences after the program was up and running but Logos seemed slightly faster. The additional RAM may help if you do a lot of multitasking and have several programs loaded at the same time. But 8 gig is more than adequate for most purposes.

Posts 30668
    Forum MVP
    JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 11 2013 12:08 PM

Slava Novik:

If you are ONLY running Logos, it won't. If you multi-task (as I do), it would be beneficial. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 291
    Bob Schlessman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 12 2013 4:42 AM

alabama24:

Slava Novik:

If you are ONLY running Logos, it won't. If you multi-task (as I do), it would be beneficial. 

Yes

Posts 1511
    Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 12 2013 3:58 PM

Thank  you!!!

Posts 468
    BKMitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2013 3:28 PM

"Does Video Card effect on Logos performance?"

Yes, I believe it does. Both, the minimum and the recommended requirements for Logos5 list 'videoCard' as one of the requirements. I was running Logos4 on a PC with an integrated video card and it ran okay but slowly. So, I search the forums for information on computer specs and how they effect Logos performance. Then, before I moved to Logos5 I  bought an i7 HP Laptop with a dedicated video card and Logos runs so much faster. The only thing I haven't done yet is to upgrade to an Solid state drive. 

חַפְּשׂוּ בַּתּוֹרָה הֵיטֵב וְאַל תִּסְתַּמְּכוּ עַל דְּבָרַי

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS