unable to update

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 15
Dr. Frank O. Rice | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Feb 13 2013 3:53 AM

This morning my version of Logos, v. 4 downloaded an update and began to install but halted because it indicated that I didn't have access to a directory where it put a file. I checked permissions, although I am the administrator, and found I do have permission. Still unable to load the update. Thought there might be a problem with v. 4 and Windows 8, couldn't find anything on the forums but found the engine for v. 5 of Logos and decided to try it. Guess what, same trouble. Can't access the file because I don't have access to the directory. anybody got a clue? Meanwhile I have to prepare sermons and I can't launch Logos because it needs to set up. What am I going to do? Help!

Posts 12153
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2013 4:14 AM

Frank, sorry to hear you have problems. From your description it might seem that what Mikko found in another thread applies to you: see http://community.logos.com/forums/t/66277.aspx - he seems to link to a solution for tech-savy users, but I didn't go into detail since I'm not a Win 8 user.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 27235
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2013 4:40 AM

Frank O. Rice:
it indicated that I didn't have access to a directory where it put a file.

It may be resolved as an ownership problem, else resort to starting Logos with Admin rights (right click and "run as administrator")  - but you will have to repeat that for subsequent program updates.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 15
Dr. Frank O. Rice | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2013 4:55 AM

I thought I indicated, but maybe not. Already attempted that solution.

Posts 670
Sleiman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2013 5:11 AM

Because forum interaction is inherently much slower than phone conversations, your best bet if you're in a hurry is to call Logos. If you can wait till 8:00 am Pacific time, give customer support a phone call. They'll help you over the phone and will remotely take control of your computer if you let them to try and resolve the issue. They will spend as much time with you as needed to get it resolved. I once had a very unique and obscure issue and Logos technical support spent almost an hour and a half to try and fix it. Not resolved right then, they called me back the same day and emailed me with basic instructions which I followed and it resolved my issue. I was impressed by how dedicated they were to help me out and I'm not even a pastor with sermon deadlines. I'm pretty sure you'll be taken good care of.

Posts 27235
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2013 1:46 PM

Frank O. Rice:

I thought I indicated, but maybe not. Already attempted that solution.

Not explicitly (if referring to Ownership suggestion). Have you tried "run as administrator"?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS