Home Page Woes Resolved

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Posts 32
Pastor Johnny | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 8 2009 12:01 PM

After using Logos 4 on this machine successfully for many days (well, since it was released), I began experiencing a strange problem today.

When I first started the program, it hung up while trying to display the homepage materials. After waiting for quite a while, I used Windows Task Manager to stop the application and restarted it. 

Every time I started the application it crashed and wanted to send Microsoft an error log. Not expecting Microsoft to be able to do anything with a Logos4 error log, I stopped it from trying to send them the log and looked at the details. There was an error related to XML parsing each time it crashed.

Not wanting to be completely out of commission, I started the program again, while holding down the control key. The program started fine with a blank homepage. I went to a saved Layout and it seemed fine so I tried to go back to the homepage ---- crashed again.

Rather than admit failure and call tech support, I decided to do some troubleshooting on my own. I navigated to the Logos4 files on this machine (c:\Documents and Settings\Username\Local Settings\Application Data\Logos4\Data\Random Name\ and found a directory named Home Page. Here, I found a directory named with today's date (2009-12-08).

I moved this directory to my desktop (just to avoid deleting it) and restarted Logos4. Now, the program comes up fine and displays the homepage with no problems ---- except that now there are several blank sections which appear to be where various graphics would have been displayed.

The only graphics that are displayed (other than on the ribbon) are the devotionals and the Book of the Day.

Just as a test, I went into the Customization for the Homepage and deselected the Devotionals. The system regenerated the Homepage -- this time with all the graphics. I reselected Devotionals and it regenerated the Homepage -- including the graphics and the devotionals.

Problem solved!

Posts 28
Karen Campbell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2009 1:50 PM

Thanks for sharing the resolution. I'll be sure to mentally file this away for possible future retrieval. Smile

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS