SCROLLING LAG

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 10
Jeff Saunders | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 18 2013 11:17 AM

Dear Logos,

Ever since I had purchased Logos (August 2012), I have had problems with scrolling lag. For a while I searched the forums to see if others had had this problem. Many did. Many had given me advice, though, to keep tiles to a minimum or reduce the number of linked tiles. I have done just that. In fact, there are times when just one tile will be open, with only one resource (such as the ESV bible), and at times there will be scrolling lag. But even when I open just one other resource (such as ESV on 1/2 of the screen, and Greek text on the other 1/2 of the screen) there is considerable lag as I scroll through either text. It's actually really frustrating, considering the amount of money I spent to have this software. But nevertheless, I told myself it would get better. And then Logos 5 came out (only shortly after I purchased 4) and I made the upgrade. But to my dismay, it only slightly corrected the scrolling problem. And at times it really seems no different in that area than Logos 4. I love the software as a whole but am frustrated that it my scrolling can't be smooth. Am I asking for too much? Is smooth scrolling too big a request? Thoughts? Advice? Is this a recognized problem by Logos that is currently being worked out? I hope so.

Jeff

P.S. It's not like my computer is old. It's a 2012 macbook air (4gb ram) that I purchased right before I purchased L4. So I purchased the newest macbook air at the time (June 2012), and then bought Logos in August 2012. 

Posts 28245
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 18 2013 11:24 AM

Hey Jeff. Can you post a screen shot of what you are scrolling through?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 10
Jeff Saunders | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 18 2013 11:46 AM

file://localhost/Users/jsaunders86/Desktop/Screen%20Shot%202013-02-18%20at%201.43.58%20PM.png

Posts 10
Jeff Saunders | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 18 2013 11:48 AM
Posts 28245
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 18 2013 12:06 PM

Strange Jeff. I have what would be considered an inferior computer (although I do have more ram). I built your simple layout, and have no difficulties in scrolling. 

You might try contacting Logos directly. If you would allow them, they can take over your computer and help trouble shoot. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2080
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 18 2013 4:12 PM

Are you scrolling with the mouse wheel? or the scroll bars? or the cursor keys? I just replaced my mouse this weekend because of bad behavior from my mouse wheel.

Also, if you don't use them, you might go to Tools -> Program Settings, and disable the three settings:

• Show Auto and Favorite Bookmarks
  • Show Search Bookmarks
  • Show Visual Cues

They remove the tick marks that are drawn on the scroll bars and may improve scrolling a bit.

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 18 2013 4:46 PM

I usually scroll with the mouse wheel. I just bought a mouse ~ a month ago, before that I had no mouse and used the thing below the keyboard I don't know what's it called that has no wheel and just dragged the scroll bar.

But when I use the cursor keys there is a lag.

I have an old 64-bit Windows laptop with on-board Intel graphics card. 4 GB RAM - just found out that I can't add more. I max the computer when surfing, I max RAM with both browsers, max CPU with Internet Explorer 9, easily max RAM with just many Chrome tabs and one IE tab open. Intel Core 2 Duo 1.3 GHz. But I don't max RAM with Logos. I have 1,000 books. C: drive is an 83 GB NTFS formatted SSD, D: drive is a 250 GB FAT32 HDD 7200 rpm connected via USB.

Often the graphics card is the problem and I guess You can't do anything about it in any laptops. A 'discrete card' would be the optimal choice and improves performance, 1 GB video mem should do:

Randy W. Sims (Shayne):
Are you scrolling with the mouse wheel? or the scroll bars? or the cursor keys?

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 6,200own
12G A9-9420 V8.6 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Posts 10
Jeff Saunders | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2013 8:06 PM

I'm scrolling with the Track Pad on my MAC laptop 

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2013 8:25 PM

Noticed speaker labels are being displayed.  If disable speaker labels, what happens to scrolling lag ?

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS