Page 2 of 3 (41 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 40 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 1955
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 3 2009 12:42 PM

Yikes! I haven't upgraded to Snow Leopard and was going to wait a bit... this assures me that I need to wait a bit longer!

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 3 2009 6:37 PM

My main trouble is in the Hebrew tools. As long as they get this fixed before I start my series in Isaiah we'll be cool. :) They have a while - not expecting to get to it until around May 2010.

Posts 55
Dave Souers | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 4 2009 9:15 AM

Does anyone have any ideas on when we can expect the 1.2.2 upgrade. I wish I would have read the posts about waiting to install snow leopard before I did, but oh well. No I know for next time. Still waiting for the Logos upgrade.

Posts 4
Wyatt Graham | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 4 2009 11:59 AM
I have the same problem as you. Is there any indication that Logos is working on correcting this?
Posts 73
Chuck Lindsey | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 4 2009 12:14 PM

I have sent the screenshots to the Mac Support guys... so I think that they are aware of it and working on it.

Your question reveals one of the major problems with the Logos support teams... we never know what their doing... they say soo little about it. Even with direct email to the support teams (for which I am a paying customer) about any information.... the responses are cryptic at best. I wish they would just say what they are doing and timeframes for it.

I realize they don't want to promise anything and miss a deadline... but it doesn't have to be all or nothing.

Anyway, hopefully we hear about 1.2.2 soon... 

Posts 73
Chuck Lindsey | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 4 2009 12:31 PM

Here's their exact response to me asking when we might be able to expect 1.2.2.

"Thank you for your email and support of Libronix. We are aware of some conflicts with Snow Leopard and Libronix 1.2.1. Thank you for letting us know about them. If you find more please send them to macfeedback@logos.com. We hope to have fixes for the issues in 1.2.1  soon and are currently hard at work on those updates. Be sure to check outwww.macbiblesoftware.com for updated information, articles on solutions to problems you may encounter and instructional information on many actions related to the Mac version of Libronix."

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 4 2009 12:51 PM
I did get a direct reply on another thread. Logos tech is working on it, but no ETA.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 4
Wyatt Graham | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 5 2009 10:13 PM

Chuck, that seems less than helpful. The only thing we can do is wait. BTW I emailed them as well and have yet to receive a response. Maybe I'll have some more info when they get back to me. 

Posts 15
Stephen Koehn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 6 2009 5:26 AM

Might use Time Machine and restore my Mac to 10.5.8 until 1.2.1 for 10.6 is resolved.  I exegete a lot and use the info window, mostly.  

Personally, I have seen noticeable difference with 10.6, so reverting to 10.5.8 isn't a big deal, for me---for now.

 

Stephen

Posts 1955
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 6 2009 1:26 PM

Stephen M Koehn:

Might use Time Machine and restore my Mac to 10.5.8 until 1.2.1 for 10.6 is resolved.  I exegete a lot and use the info window, mostly.  

Personally, I have seen noticeable difference with 10.6, so reverting to 10.5.8 isn't a big deal, for me---for now.

I think it is wisdom to at least wait until 10.6.1 and maybe a bit beyond that.  I did a bit of study on what is on my computer and what Snow Leopard will break. I have a real minimalist view, so I don't install stuff I don't absolutely need. However, Snow Leopard does break the printer driver that I use in the office, Growl, GIMP (I have been told) and of course causes problems with Logos.  So I'm holding off for a while to wait for updates for these things to be released.

 

Posts 238
Charles | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 6 2009 4:23 PM

Snow Leopard not only broke my Canon PIXMA MP 620 wireless driver, it also has caused some of my programs to actually run slower and\or load slowly.  Logos 1.2.1 is starting slower and running slower, likewise for MS Office 2008.  Since these are my two mainstay programs for our ministry, I had no other choice but to revert back to Leopard 10.5.8.

Your advice about waiting is good advice.  One nice thing about Snow Leopard was its price.  I only wasted $24.99 (Amazon price).  I'm seriously considering not installing it again and just wait until the next version of OS X, or when we purchase a new Mac.

Regards, Charles

 

 

2017 27" iMac 5K, Mojave, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, iOS 12.0, Catalina beta, iPadOS Beta  

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 6 2009 8:19 PM

Charles,

I'm not sure what the slowdown issue would come from. I was a seed tester for Apple so I've been running various builds of Snow Leopard for a while and now have the final release version installed and I've had no speed issues. iWork, Office, Logos, and various other programs continue to run quick(ish - Office has always been slowish) and run well.

 

Posts 238
Charles | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 7 2009 11:19 AM

I may try a clean install of Snow Leopard instead of the upgrade path I took previously.  I do have a Time Machine backup and a complete clone of the hard drive made with Carbon Copy Cloner.  Since today - Monday, is our off day I have some time to spare.

I know MS Office 2008 is fairly easy to reinstall, but am a bit worried about Logos.  Would I have to synchronize my licenses again?

Regards.

 

 

2017 27" iMac 5K, Mojave, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, iOS 12.0, Catalina beta, iPadOS Beta  

Posts 1955
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 7 2009 1:21 PM

Here's a list of compatible software. I notice Logos gets the green checkmark... hmmmm....

http://snowleopard.wikidot.com/

Posts 1
Fr. Rick Ganz, S.J. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 17 2009 10:59 AM

Yes, I confirm that "beware" is a good thing to do. I did a clean install of Snow Leopard on my MacBook Pro. Then when I downloaded the image file of the Mac engine from My Account at Logos.com, and then double-clicked on the download to begin installation, I had reported in a warning window: "there may be something wrong with this image file." It then said that proceeding with the installation could destabilize the OS. After trying other things, I then proceeded past that warning and installed the Mac engine. Wow, it completely crashed my MacBook Pro (I am a long-time and skilled user). I had to reinstall the OS Snow Leopard from the DVD in order to gain access again to my laptop. So, beware is good advice. Don't install on Snow Leopard machines.

Posts 41
LogosEmployee
Phillip | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 17 2009 11:56 AM

Fr. Rick Ganz, S.J.:

... I then proceeded past that warning and installed the Mac engine. Wow, it completely crashed my MacBook Pro (I am a long-time and skilled user). I had to reinstall the OS Snow Leopard from the DVD in order to gain access again to my laptop. So, beware is good advice. Don't install on Snow Leopard machines.

Were you using the latest 1.2.2 version?

-Phillip

Win 7 x64 | Core i7 2600k @ 4.6GHz | 8GB RAM @ 1866MHz | Intel SSD G2

Posts 11
Everest Liu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 17 2009 12:15 PM

I'm still not getting any text on my ESV eng-heb rev inter after updating to 1.2.2, please help!

Posts 73
Chuck Lindsey | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 17 2009 12:20 PM
Why hasn't there been any announcement of the 1.2.2 version? I just found out about it from this post by Phillip... What a weird way to find out... with everyone waiting for a fix and this is how people find out. I don't get it.
Posts 41
LogosEmployee
Phillip | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 17 2009 1:18 PM

Chuck Lindsey:
Why hasn't there been any announcement of the 1.2.2 version? I just found out about it from this post by Phillip... What a weird way to find out... with everyone waiting for a fix and this is how people find out. I don't get it.

I believe this was just released this morning.  There will be a Blog/Forum Post announcing the update later today or tomorrow.

-Phillip

Win 7 x64 | Core i7 2600k @ 4.6GHz | 8GB RAM @ 1866MHz | Intel SSD G2

Posts 5
Ben Meredith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2009 9:06 PM

when I follow the instrustions to upgrade to 1.2.2, there is nothing in my order history.  help!

Page 2 of 3 (41 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS