Copy Bible Verse formating

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 31
Wes Walker | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 8 2009 3:34 PM

I would first like to suggest drop down boxes as in Logos 3 for those who don't have any clue about formating computer code. But even still, I copy pasted out of the help menu the type of format I would like the copy bible verse tool to use and it shows up in the window with the words, not what is suppose to be copied :[FullBookName][ChapterNum]

Is this an error to be fixed or am I doing it wrong? I want the format to be: Book name chpt num: and then each verse sup scrpt

Thanks

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2009 3:53 PM

weswalker:

I would first like to suggest drop down boxes as in Logos 3 for those who don't have any clue about formating computer code. But even still, I copy pasted out of the help menu the type of format I would like the copy bible verse tool to use and it shows up in the window with the words, not what is suppose to be copied :[FullBookName][ChapterNum]

Is this an error to be fixed or am I doing it wrong? I want the format to be: Book name chpt num: and then each verse sup scrpt

Thanks

I just tried to do what you're asking and I can't seem to get [FullBookName] or [ChapterNum] to work as "=Header" items, which is I think what you want. [FullPassageRef] works (as well as [ShortPassageRef]), but not what you're asking. I'm not sure if this is a bug, or is by design. But it looks like a bug to me.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 31
Wes Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2009 3:57 PM

And I can get  [FullBookName] to show up properly if I put it in the verse area, but not in the header area, which is in fact where I want it to go.

This is what I was hoping to get it to look like, which is what I had in L3:1 John 2:3 We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands. 4 The man who says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2009 4:31 PM

weswalker:

And I can get  [FullBookName] to show up properly if I put it in the verse area, but not in the header area, which is in fact where I want it to go.

This is what I was hoping to get it to look like, which is what I had in L3:1 John 2:3 We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands. 4 The man who says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Yes, I could do that too, and know what you want to do. That's why I put the "BUG" tag on my reply. Hopefully someone at Logos will take a look at this.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 232
Bruce Junkermann | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2009 5:51 PM

Yes, why can't we get the drop down boxes as in Logos 3.  I to have know idea how to format copy/paste.  Everything else seems "simplified" and then I have to be a programmer to format the copy/paste.

Posts 31
Wes Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2009 7:53 PM

And so can I get some help from the Logos people on this bug please!

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2009 8:28 PM

weswalker:
I would first like to suggest drop down boxes as in Logos 3 for those who don't have any clue about formating computer code. But even still, I copy pasted out of the help menu the type of format I would like the copy bible verse tool to use and it shows up in the window with the words, not what is suppose to be copied

While I don't want to go back to the L3 method, I agree completely that CBV formatting seems completely out of step with the feel of L4.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS