Where have all the Authors gone?

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 20 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 301
Jerry Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 19 2013 2:52 PM

Logos5 (Logos Bible Software 5.0b (5.0.2.0562) ) - so when I open the Library, e.g., "Title:Leviticus" - books are displayed but NO authors . . . what am I missing, where have all the Authors gone?

Posts 26693
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 19 2013 2:59 PM

This would appear to be a display error that has been present to a larger or smaller extent since the first v5 beta. Try resizing the Author column slightly.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 301
Jerry Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 19 2013 3:22 PM

I've been "healed"! Did a little column "adjusting" and info begins to flow again . . . interesting! Thanks for the insight!

Posts 301
Jerry Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 19 2013 3:25 PM

Also, just did a "Title:Genesis" look . . . no authors. Did the column adjust and they're there. Seems for some reason L5 doesn't post the book info without "adjusting" the columns . . .

Posts 777
Brisa Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 20 2013 12:37 PM

The case for this issue is still open. The link to this thread has been added to the case. 

Posts 1692
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 20 2013 5:16 PM

Brisa Calderon:
The case for this issue is still open. The link to this thread has been added to the case.

Thanks, Brisa.

FWIW, I'm struggling with this bug *every day* too. When I open the library, sort by LastUpdated, and drag the scrollbar to the top, columns other than Type and Title go blank for the top dozen rows. The next dozen or so rows work. When I scroll down, the following dozen or so are blank again.

Draging the width of particular columns does work around the issue, but doesn't enhance productivity.

Posts 1692
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 15 2013 8:58 PM

Is there any progress on fixing this bug?

Each time I open the Library window (several times a day), a dozen rows display blank columns for Author, MyTabs, Publication Date, Publisher, Series, Subjects, Language and Last Updated (i.e. all the visible columns other than Rank, Type, Title, and Rating).

Resizing a column does display the data for that column, but not the others, so I'm spending many minutes every day in trying to force columns to display.

Logos 5.0b SR-3 (5.0.2.0752) on Toshiba Satellite 660 with Win 7 SR1 (64-bit) and nVidia GT330M (driver 314.22).

Posts 19252
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 15 2013 9:06 PM

Yes, it's a constant annoyance for me too. Usually I can fix it by just scrolling down/up in the Library, but sometimes I have to adjust column widths. However even when the missing fields get painted in, usually some other fields disappear, so I rarely get to see a completely filled in Library grid.

I'm guessing this must be extremely hard to debug!

Posts 10821
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 16 2013 5:53 AM

Have no problem with disappearing authors in L5 Mac 5.1 Beta 7

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 16 2013 7:16 AM

Where have all the authors gone?
Long time passing
Where have all the authors gone?
Long time ago
Nerds have read them every one
When will they ever learn?

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 11837
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 16 2013 7:53 AM

George Somsel:

Where have all the authors gone?
Long time passing
Long time ago
Nerds have read them every one

Big Smile

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 1692
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 23 2013 6:27 AM

Okay Logos: I've just replaced my PC, and this problem with the data disappearing still occurs.

Different OS (Win 8)

Different graphics card GT750M)

Different processor (Haswell i7)

Different hard disk (SSD this time).

Same problem -- every day I use Logos 5.

Any progress on getting this fixed?

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 23 2013 7:48 AM

Allen Browne:

Okay Logos: I've just replaced my PC, and this problem with the data disappearing still occurs.

Different OS (Win 8)

Suggestion:  Ditch Windows 8.  It's a piece of junk.  I just got a refurbished laptop to take on a trip to visit some fiends back east that I'm planning that came with Windows 8.  It's driving me nuts.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 24764
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 23 2013 7:59 AM

George Somsel:

Allen Browne:

Different OS (Win 8)

Suggestion:  Ditch Windows 8.  It's a piece of junk.  I just got a refurbished laptop to take on a trip to visit some fiends back east that I'm planning that came with Windows 8.  It's driving me nuts.

Just to clarify - this is nothing to do with any particular computer. This is an issue in Logos for which there is an open case. I haven't seen any indication of when it will be fixed.

George Somsel:
a trip to visit some fiends back east

Sorry, George, I had to smile when I saw thatSmile

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 23 2013 8:00 AM

I think much of the problem could be avoided by simply not displaying the authors column.  Right-click the heading and un-select 'Author'.

(Now don't get mad at me!  Libby (L3) is smart enough to combine both title AND author. It's L5 that seems to have a major challenge with displaying a column of data; the developers are probably loosing considerable amounts of sleep over months, trying to get the column to display).

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 654
David Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 23 2013 8:03 AM

Graham Criddle:
Just to clarify - this is nothing to do with any particular computer. This is an issue in Logos for which there is an open case. I haven't seen any indication of when it will be fixed.

This happens in Windows 7 too.

Graham Criddle:

George Somsel:
a trip to visit some fiends back east

Sorry, George, I had to smile when I saw thatSmile

The term must apply to those who use Windows 8  or 8.1  Big Smile

Posts 1692
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 23 2013 5:02 PM

Denise:
I think much of the problem could be avoided by simply not displaying the authors column.

It's not just the Authors column that goes blank:

Posts 1692
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 23 2013 5:09 PM

George Somsel:
Suggestion:  Ditch Windows 8.  It's a piece of junk.

Win8 is a struggle to adapt to, but I'm sticking with it for now, George.

In the bottom left of the Screen, I created a shortcut to:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
Moved relevant shortcuts to there from
C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu

So clicking that shortcut is effectively a "start" button for Win8.

Actually, my Asus has a programmable button top left of keyboard, so I assigned it the same shortcut, and I have a hardware "Start" button. :-)

Win 8.1 can be configured to boot straight to the desktop, so that will avoid the Win+D every startup.

Posts 26693
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 23 2013 5:27 PM

Allen Browne:
Win 8.1 can be configured to boot straight to the desktop, so that will avoid the Win+D every startup.

And you can get a free/cheap utility for Win 8 to return the Start button and allow you to boot straight to the desktop. Google for "start button win 8".

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 23 2013 6:11 PM

Did you right-click on the headings at the top of the library listing?  Are you certain that the items you wish to see are to be displayed?

george
gfsomsel

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS