Save notes in Logos 5

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 23
Earl R Click Jr | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 28 2013 6:09 AM

Does anybody know how to save a copy of my notes? I have a friend I would like to share my years of research with. Thanks, love ya, earl click

Posts 28466
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 28 2013 6:36 AM

Hi Earl!

Can you be more specific? How do you want to share these notes with your friend... do you want him/her to have access to them in their own copy of Logos, or did you have something else in mind?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 28 2013 6:58 AM

Earl R Click Jr:

Does anybody know how to save a copy of my notes? I have a friend I would like to share my years of research with. Thanks, love ya, earl click

Actually, this is what Faithlife.com is for, in conjunction with Logos..... you can create a group (open or closed, meaning anyone can join or by approval only); then, you can share document types that others can just read, or can collaborate/update. Document types currently supported are Notes, Reading plans, Prayer Lists  Syntax Searches, Clippings, Highlighting palettes, Sentence diagrams, and visual filters; more types will be supported in the future. 

Once you go to documents.logos.com and select the group you are in at the top from the drop down box, you share and select documents you would like; they then just "show up" in your copies of Logos (on the desktop for sure, not sure of mobile support) as if you had manually created them yourself! It's actually pretty cool.
Posts 23
Earl R Click Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 2 2013 6:39 AM

I have my Logos notes in the program itself. In previous versions one could save them as a seperate file in case the system crashed and then reinsert them into the specific folder at a later date if I remember right. I thought it would be nice to save them and then put them on a usb drive for friends who are getting started in Logos. Maybe Logos has them in the cloud or something now. Anyways hope that is enough information to clarify my query. Thanks, love ya, earl

Posts 11060
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 2 2013 7:04 AM

Fortunately I'm still one of those 'previous version' users. Maybe Logos4/5 can do this through the Logos documents site? It's certainly a good idea. Especially if you were a pastor or teacher.

It's hard for me to imagine this concept in Faithlife. I certainly wouldn't want to have to make notes in 2 places.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 10759
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 2 2013 7:13 AM

Earl R Click Jr:
I have my Logos notes in the program itself. (...) I thought it would be nice to save them and then put them on a usb drive for friends who are getting started in Logos. Maybe Logos has them in the cloud or something now

Yes, so you won't need to save them someplace.

Don Awalt above has given you all the info how this works: Simply go to http://documents.logos.com and share the notes file with a Faithlife group where your friends are member of. They can then go to that group's page on this site and click to get a copy into their Logos install.

You may check out how this works by becoming a member of https://faithlife.com/dr-robert-deans-notes/activity and then getting the notes from https://documents.logos.com/groups/3250405/documents 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 11060
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 2 2013 7:23 AM

Thanks NB.  I know you don't like me to be negative on Logos, but this is perfectly illustrative of the need for 'a manual'. Logos in all its various forms is so powerful, but that power is catch as catch can.

Maybe in earlier days where a single piece of software (Logos) could be described / supported by users in a wiki. But when the users are now going across all the platforms (e.g. Logos, Faithlife, Proclaim, mobility, etc), the older idea is becoming 'messy'.  It assumes wiki writers and forum members know the multiple platforms (or can find the right forum thread).

The Proclaim users were the most interesting; wait till Proclaim and Faithlife become more integrated for a congregation.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 23
Earl R Click Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 2 2013 9:29 PM

Thanks a lot. I am trying all of this out now. Sometimes I wonder if I should have just stuck with a Bible and a Strongs.LOL. Life can get overcomplicated at times...

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS