Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 10
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 26 2009 8:23 AM

The sermon file addin in program seems to be having some problem. Addin starts, after entering the necessary information, when I click for compiling, it compiles. But the compiled book does not open. (I have checked the option to open after compile). I tried using Morris proctors's 2009 preaching calendar too. The result is same. The files is there. I can individually open the file, as if for editing, but not as a book. Hope, I am clear. What could be the problem, how to solve it ??? Any help is appreciated. Thanking you in advance...

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 26 2009 10:47 AM

Jonathan:
The sermon file addin in program seems to be having some problem. Addin starts, after entering the necessary information, when I click for compiling, it compiles. But the compiled book does not open. (I have checked the option to open after compile). I tried using Morris proctors's 2009 preaching calendar too. The result is same. The files is there. I can individually open the file, as if for editing, but not as a book. Hope, I am clear. What could be the problem, how to solve it ??? Any help is appreciated. Thanking you in advance...

Jonathan, there are some issues with the Sermon File Addin, and I have had the issue you described more than once. Here are a couple of things to try. First, open for editing the last sermon you compiled and go to the very end of the file. Ensure that it does not end with a special encoding character (/, *, !, etc.), or do what I do, at the end of the file press "ENTER" and then type a period ("."). Then recompile.

If that doesn't fix it, try this: Exit Libronix and then open Explorer and navigate to  My Documents\Libronix Resources (in Vista it's just called "Documents," not "My Documents") and move these two files to any directory outside of the Libronix Resource path: LogosUserillustrations.lbxlls and LogosUsersermons.lbxlls. Restart Libronix and open any sermon or illustration file and recompile. If it works (review the new sermon/illustration files to ensure that your stuff is still there), you can delete the files you moved. NOTE: occassionally, Libronix will not fully exit and you may not  be able to move the files. If that happens you can manually close the Libronix process in Task Manager, or restart your system.

If the above doesn't work, report back and we can try another strategy.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 10
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 26 2009 11:52 AM

Thank you very much for the response. I tried as you suggested, but the problem is not resolved. There were no special characters at the end of the document. Then I tried with the 'dot'... no use. Then I looked for the two files mentioned by you. In 'My Documents' I have a folder called 'Libronix resources', but that contains just the files I compiled with the personal book builder. I looked for those files under program files too... not found there either. Probably missing those files may be the reason. I do not know how I miss them... probably deleted accidentally. Something can be done...????

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 26 2009 12:09 PM

Jonathan:
In 'My Documents' I have a folder called 'Libronix resources', but that contains just the files I compiled with the personal book builder

Yes those are the files I want you to move. Close Libronix and move them somewhere out of Libronix's line of site. Your pre-compiled files are stored (by default) in My Documents\Libronix DLS\SermonFile.So they're safe. You should only see the two files I mentioned in the Libronix Resources folder. If you're seeing lbxsfl files there, they are in the wrong place.

Posts 10
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 26 2009 3:01 PM

Thanks a lot for your willingness to help me out. Probably I did not explain myself well last time. The libronix resources folder in My Documents contains the files created by Personal book builder add in, not sermon file addin. The files mentioned by you (LogosUserillustrations.lbxlls and LogosUsersermons.lbxlls) are not there. I did two more trials. Removed also other files created by PBB, but still no success. Then I tried to remove the entire folder 'libronix resources'. The program just creates an empty folder in the same name again. Nothing else happens !!! Have you encountered such problem???? Any solutions possible???

Posts 27038
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 26 2009 4:27 PM

Start over with a new sermon file - any old piece of text like "Hullo World" and then compile.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 26 2009 5:42 PM

Sorry you're having so much trouble.

First, move all your files from My Documents\Libronix DLS\SermonFile\ to some other place temporarily, then try what David suggests.

Posts 10
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 26 2009 11:44 PM

I tried that too ... no change. Probably no compilation takes place (though it shows as though compiled). If the files mentioned by you (logos userillustrations and Logosusersermons) comes with the addin, I have deleted them unknowingly. If it is created automatically, then the system does not create them. No idea what exactly creates the problem....!!!!

Posts 27038
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 27 2009 5:16 AM

Jonathan:
If it is created automatically, then the system does not create them. No idea what exactly creates the problem....!!!!

Delete all SermonFile*.lbxadd from \Libronix DLS\Common\LDLS\Addins and use  http://www.logos.com/media/update/LogosAddinsAutoUpdate.lbxupd  to re-install the addin.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 10
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 27 2009 5:58 AM

I tried the update...that too does not work. I notice another thing now. The date in the column near the calendar changes automatically when I save. It goes one day back.

Interesting...I am almost fed up. May be I write to the logos directly and see what can be done.

Thank you... tell me please, if there is something that I can try again.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 27 2009 2:02 PM

Jonathan, What you have going on here is something that Logos Tech support is probably going to have to help you with. Please contact them via email or phone. Get to the Logos support page by clicking on or copy/pasting this URL in your browser:

http://www.logos.com/support

Posts 222
Bob Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 31 2009 8:27 PM

also - the "sermon file add in" feature doesn't seem to work for the Mac version at all.  can u fix this?  Stick out tongue

Accordance has this...

River of Life Church: http://LifeOverflowing.org

Visit my blog: http://LifeOverflowing.org/pastor

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS