John Macarthur Commentary on Luke 6-10

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1
E.J. Cook | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Mar 9 2013 6:30 PM

Does anyone know why John Macarthur's Commentary on Luke 6-10 is still "Under Contract" It has been listed as this in excess of two years? I had the pleasure of attending the Shepherd's conference at Dr. Macarthur's church this weekend and was able to in fact pickup not only that commentary in print but also his 3 volume on Luke 11-17 which will be released April 1st to the general public.

When I inquired to Logos regarding this question I was told it had to do with the publisher holding things up. I spoke to the publishers rep at the conference and he was not aware of any issues on their end. My legs are getting tired running this circle of pointing fingers. The Luke 6-10 has been out in print for over 2 years. I like purchasing electronic versions from logos but I'm being forced to purchase print. I'm not sure why logos placed this on pre-pub over two years ago if they wont or cant ship it out anytime soon.

I'm looking for answers or more importantly looking for the electronic version of Luke 6-10.

Thanks to anyone who can shed more light on this mystery. Big Smile

Posts 461
Robert Harner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 9 2013 8:33 PM

Good question. I've been wondering about the delay for a long time too

Posts 2990
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 10 2013 9:30 AM

I hope this gets fixed as soon as possible. 

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 2844
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 10 2013 1:01 PM

I hope so, that this get fixed quickly. Since it is Macarthur, I am buying both the print edition and Logos edition. I would prefare to purchase the Logos edition only but Macarthur books are not appearing in Logos quick enough to do this.

Please Logos try harder

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 10 2013 1:23 PM

E.J. Cook:

Does anyone know why John Macarthur's Commentary on Luke 6-10 is still "Under Contract" It has been listed as this in excess of two years? I had the pleasure of attending the Shepherd's conference at Dr. Macarthur's church this weekend and was able to in fact pickup not only that commentary in print but also his 3 volume on Luke 11-17 which will be released April 1st to the general public.

When I inquired to Logos regarding this question I was told it had to do with the publisher holding things up. I spoke to the publishers rep at the conference and he was not aware of any issues on their end. My legs are getting tired running this circle of pointing fingers. The Luke 6-10 has been out in print for over 2 years. I like purchasing electronic versions from logos but I'm being forced to purchase print. I'm not sure why logos placed this on pre-pub over two years ago if they wont or cant ship it out anytime soon.

I'm looking for answers or more importantly looking for the electronic version of Luke 6-10.

Thanks to anyone who can shed more light on this mystery. Big Smile

This is not that uncommon.  I always have things on my order's page that exceeds two years.  As a matter of fact, I have something that has been there for more than three years.

Posts 176
Jim Snowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 10 2013 3:15 PM

I've been waiting 2 years for this one too.

They are available in electronic format as Kindle books. 

Nelson used to sell their ebooks for libronix direct on their website, and I found they were sometimes cheaper than logos website. But I can't find them on their website now.

Posts 84
rksaw | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 10 2013 3:40 PM

E.J. Cook:

I had the pleasure of attending the Shepherd's conference at Dr. Macarthur's church this weekend...

Great conference, wasn't it? 

Thanks for bringing this up.  I am currently preaching through the book of Luke and had purchased this hoping that I could use it in preparation; unfortunately it is not to be.

Richard

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 10 2013 3:54 PM

Jim Snowden:
Nelson used to sell their ebooks for libronix direct on their website, and I found they were sometimes cheaper than logos website. But I can't find them on their website now.
When L4 came out Logos put a halt to this.  Now, the only place to by Logos resources is from Logos.

Posts 176
Jim Snowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 11 2013 5:05 AM

Perhaps it is a publisher/Logos relationship problem then that is causing the delay. There are a couple of other WBC volumes that are taking their time to move from "In Development" to being available.

Posts 2884
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 11 2013 9:45 AM

Hmm  This one I do not understand since Logos has been publishing John MacArthur material so long and so successfully.  Very strange.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 2990
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 16 2013 10:26 AM

Jim Snowden:

Perhaps it is a publisher/Logos relationship problem then that is causing the delay. There are a couple of other WBC volumes that are taking their time to move from "In Development" to being available.

This is probably the case. Logos has certainly changed their model from the olden days when the publisher could sell "libronix compatible" resources.

Jacob Hantla
gbcaz.org

Posts 2884
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 17 2013 7:49 PM

Jacob Hantla:

Jim Snowden:

This is probably the case. Logos has certainly changed their model from the olden days when the publisher could sell "libronix compatible" resources.

I have utmost respect for Logos' business sense. However, this apparent policy seems shortsighted to me. It results in other software sources having some popular books long before Logos. The result is a loss of sales for Logos to competitors, and a disservice to Logos customers.

I know that not long ago I did not consider purchasing books that were not in Logos format. Now I do. Logos will always be my first choice, but I now buy much material in other formats because it is not available in Logos or the Logos' price is much higher. I will pay a bit more for such reference material to be integrated into my Logos library, but not most other material.

Once you begin buying ebooks from other sources, it is a habit that is likely to grow - especially for material that is not Biblical reference material (commentaries, Bible Dictionaries, Lexicons).

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 18 2013 3:40 AM

Michael Childs:

I have utmost respect for Logos' business sense. However, this apparent policy seems shortsighted to me. It results in other software sources having some popular books long before Logos. The result is a loss of sales for Logos to competitors, and a disservice to Logos customers.

I know that not long ago I did not consider purchasing books that were not in Logos format. Now I do. Logos will always be my first choice, but I now buy much material in other formats because it is not available in Logos or the Logos' price is much higher. I will pay a bit more for such reference material to be integrated into my Logos library, but not most other material.

Once you begin buying ebooks from other sources, it is a habit that is likely to grow - especially for material that is not Biblical reference material (commentaries, Bible Dictionaries, Lexicons).

Yes same here

Posts 2990
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 25 2013 8:42 PM

Michael Childs:

I know that not long ago I did not consider purchasing books that were not in Logos format. Now I do. 

Me too, sadly, but only when Logos can't get the resource in a timely manner which happens very regularly for newer works.

Jacob Hantla
gbcaz.org

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS