How to Restore Highlighter Styles

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
This post has 17 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 113
Samuel | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 11 2013 6:26 AM

I was playing around with some highlighter styles and I chose "restyle annotations" to see what it would do. After I did that my highlights, which were orange, disappeared. I tried updating the style to see if that would make them come back, but they haven't. They are still in the notes file, so far as I can tell, but they are now essentially invisible when I'm looking at the Bible. How do I get these highlights visible again?

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 11 2013 7:41 AM

Samuel Clough:

I was playing around with some highlighter styles and I chose "restyle annotations" to see what it would do. After I did that my highlights, which were orange, disappeared. I tried updating the style to see if that would make them come back, but they haven't. They are still in the notes file, so far as I can tell, but they are now essentially invisible when I'm looking at the Bible. How do I get these highlights visible again?

That is sad to hear[read]; the only thing that I can think of attempting is to start L5 w/a blank screen and click the 'LAYOUT' tab and see if there is a saved 'application closed' just before you did this. I would check a couple prior to the time frame and it just may be that you can recover.....

Hope this helps...

[edit: I really do not use the highlighting feature, so this is just a suggestion...]

DISCLAIMER: What you do on YOUR computer is your doing.

Posts 10832
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 11 2013 8:08 AM

Samuel Clough:
I was playing around with some highlighter styles and I chose "restyle annotations" to see what it would do.

I am not familiar with this command. Where is it located?

Posts 113
Samuel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 11 2013 1:07 PM

Jack Caviness:

It's on option on the right click menu on an individual highlighter style.

Can someone tell me what I did? I don't even know what I did so I don't know how to undo it. I thought it would undo it if I re-saved the style, but my highlights with that color have effectively become nothing on screen though they seem to still be in the underlying note file.

Posts 26975
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 11 2013 2:43 PM

Samuel Clough:
Can someone tell me what I did?

This should help http://community.logos.com/forums/t/46489.aspx

If you have the Note file you should be able to undo this for each annotation. If you try to reverse it by changing the new style (in Highlighting) to the old style you would affect many highlights that already had the new style.

Samuel Clough:
but my highlights with that color have effectively become nothing on screen

Are you saying that you can't find the new style in Highlighting? A screenshot may help.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 11 2013 3:09 PM

Dave Hooton:

Samuel Clough:
but my highlights with that color have effectively become nothing on screen

Are you saying that you can't find the new style in Highlighting? A screenshot may help.

I've never used this feature, but after clicking Restyle Annotations, I'm guessing he accidentally clicked No Highlight.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 26975
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 11 2013 3:19 PM

fgh:
I've never used this feature, but after clicking Restyle Annotations, I'm guessing he accidentally clicked No Highlight.

Samuel,

If true, you will have to reapply the style via the annotations in your Note file(s) - click on the Note indicator.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 10832
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 12 2013 2:41 AM

Samuel Clough:

Jack Caviness:

It's on option on the right click menu on an individual highlighter style.

Embarrassed I was looking at the right-click menu of an non-editable Logos built highlight. Embarrassed

Noticed the only restyle option is "No Highlight". After that the restyle command is no longer available. Basically see no difference between this and Erase. Perhaps it should be relabeled "Erase All" Sad

Posts 10832
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 12 2013 2:49 AM

Dave Hooton:

fgh:

Samuel,

If true, you will have to reapply the style via the annotations in your Note file(s) - click on the Note indicator.

Unfortunately. the Note file does not appear to show which highlight style was attached to a note unless it also includes a note icon.

Posts 26975
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 12 2013 6:13 AM

Jack Caviness:
Unfortunately. the Note file does not appear to show which highlight style was attached to a note unless it also includes a note icon.

Once removed with "No highlight" its Note indicator should still be the default for Highlight, and in this case one would remember the Style that was "restyled" and thus be able to reapply it. The only proviso is knowing which Note files to look in.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 113
Samuel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 12 2013 10:31 AM

I'm a little confused. How can I change the highlight style in the note files? I still see the highlights in my note file (screenshot attached), but I don't see any way to restore them to the styling I want.

Posts 113
Samuel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 12 2013 10:34 AM

Nevermind, I just saw that you can click on the icon and see what kind it is. Mine were changed to "no highlight." Since I don't have any intentionally "no highlight" is there a way to restyle all "no highlights" back to the style I changed it from?

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 12 2013 12:26 PM

Jack Caviness:
Noticed the only restyle option is "No Highlight".

Your screenshot is very low, but it doesn't look so me. I can see Solid Colors, and I presume all the other options are below that.

Jack Caviness:
Basically see no difference between this and Erase.

Erase deletes the highlights, No Highlight just makes them invisible in the resource. They are still there in the note file.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 10832
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 12 2013 2:08 PM

fgh:

Jack Caviness:
Noticed the only restyle option is "No Highlight".

Your screenshot is very low, but it doesn't look so me. I can see Solid Colors, and I presume all the other options are below that.

The Solid Colors you see is below the right-click menu. Ir It is part of the Highlights menu. Edited, as fgh proved me wrong in the next post Embarrassed

fgh:

Jack Caviness:
Basically see no difference between this and Erase.

Erase deletes the highlights, No Highlight just makes them invisible in the resource. They are still there in the note file.

True, but if I had several text blocks highlighted with that style, restoring them all would be a real pain.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 12 2013 2:36 PM

Jack Caviness:
The Solid Colors you see is below the right-click menu. Ir It is part of the Highlights menu.

Are you sure? The Solid Colors palette usually shows up at the very top of the Highlighting panel, and I don't think it can be moved. Look at my screenshot further up, and you'll see Solid Colors as one of the options in the Restyle menu. I still suspect that's what it looks like for you as well.

Jack Caviness:
if I had several text blocks highlighted with that style, restoring them all would be a real pain

Agreed! This is one of many places where an action should be possible to do on many selected items at the same time, but isn't. (Even worse when the mistake is easy enough to do on many items, but the correction of that mistake has to be done one at a time.)

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 10832
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 13 2013 3:47 AM

fgh:

Jack Caviness:
The Solid Colors you see is below the right-click menu. Ir It is part of the Highlights menu.

Are you sure? The Solid Colors palette usually shows up at the very top of the Highlighting panel, and I don't think it can be moved. Look at my screenshot further up, and you'll see Solid Colors as one of the options in the Restyle menu. I still suspect that's what it looks like for you as well.

I hate it when you do that to me Crying. As usual, you are correct, and I am mistaken Embarrassed

Posts 26975
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 13 2013 6:19 PM

Samuel Clough:
Since I don't have any intentionally "no highlight" is there a way to restyle all "no highlights" back to the style I changed it from?

Samuel

Just to clarify - you will have to reapply the style one at a time. Then you might suggest that Logos have a "No highlight" style that will allow you to reverse your action in one go!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 113
Samuel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 13 2013 6:38 PM

Dave Hooton:

Just to clarify - you will have to reapply the style one at a time. Then you might suggest that Logos have a "No highlight" style that will allow you to reverse your action in one go!

I figured, so I already changed them all one at a time. It makes zero sense to me to have a highlight style called "no highlight." If someone wanted that, why not just delete the style they used?

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS