Multiple Monitors and Logos set-ups

Page 2 of 2 (40 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 39 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 757
Fr. Charles R. Matheny | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 12 2013 2:38 PM

Very Interesting and helpful.

With a macbook: (alum. 2009) To use more than one external monitor, will I need to get some sort of port duplicator ?

Posts 397
John | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 12 2013 4:55 PM

David P. Moore:

I ... bought an Dell U2711 27-inch with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, which gives me about 109 ppi, which is a lot better than 88.

You are on the cutting edge now Smile

Posts 291
Bob Schlessman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 13 2013 5:23 AM

David P. Moore:

Ever since then, I've always paid attention to pixels-per-inch when it comes to monitors (I go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_displays_by_pixel_density as they are all calculated out).

My latest purchase was a ASUS N56VJ-DH71 with a 15.6-Inch display, and it gives me 141 ppi--not iPhone sharp but very good text rendering on a 15inch laptop. 

This is very useful info David. Thanks for posting this link! Smile

Posts 3942
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 13 2013 8:37 AM

Pixel Depth is important, but All I care about is that I cannot see the pixels. So long as when I look at a display model someplace, I can't see jagged text, or the shape of the pixels themselves, then its all good. High pixel depth is only a benefit in so far as you can see the difference. Once you reach a certain point, the returns diminish.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 291
Bob Schlessman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 14 2013 4:45 AM

abondservant:

Pixel Depth is important, but All I care about is that I cannot see the pixels. So long as when I look at a display model someplace, I can't see jagged text, or the shape of the pixels themselves, then its all good. High pixel depth is only a benefit in so far as you can see the difference. Once you reach a certain point, the returns diminish.

Yes

Posts 91
John W | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 12 2019 1:44 PM

I tried this but I still can't get it to work. The floating window tab comes over to the other screen with a slash (/)  thru it. I can drag a tab on a browser over. So it is hooked up right.

Posts 58
Geoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 13 2019 8:15 AM

Since all of you have multiple monitors maybe you can help me here. Logos just updated this morning and now with my sermon editor open on my external monitor the cursor does not show in the editor. If I move it down to my main screen its there again. I can edit just fine on either monitor but I have to guess where I am on the second screen. Anyone else experience this or have some suggestions. MS word works just fine on either screen.

Posts 22852
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 13 2019 8:54 AM

Geoff:
Logos just updated this morning and now with my sermon editor open on my external monitor the cursor does not show in the editor. If I move it down to my main screen its there again. I can edit just fine on either monitor but I have to guess where I am on the second screen. Anyone else experience this or have some suggestions.

It's working fine for me - I've just tested it.

As a first step I would suggest restarting your computer and trying again.

Posts 58
Geoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 13 2019 9:05 AM

I did restart the program and my computer and there was no change in behavior. I even asked my computer guy and it sounded to him more like a program problem. 

Posts 5321
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 13 2019 12:36 PM

Geoff:

I did restart the program and my computer and there was no change in behavior. I even asked my computer guy and it sounded to him more like a program problem. 

Have you tried other programs and do you get same result or expected behaviour?

Posts 58
Geoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 14 2019 6:18 AM

Word seems to work just fine and so does Freemind. I also noticed that it is not just the sermon editor in logos that does this. The search box or any other box in Logos that you can type in will not display the cursor on the second monitor. I am going to try to do a repair on it and then a restart and see if that makes a difference

Posts 848
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 14 2019 6:31 PM

Geoff:

Since all of you have multiple monitors maybe you can help me here. Logos just updated this morning and now with my sermon editor open on my external monitor the cursor does not show in the editor. If I move it down to my main screen its there again. I can edit just fine on either monitor but I have to guess where I am on the second screen. Anyone else experience this or have some suggestions. MS word works just fine on either screen.

I'm seeing the same behavior (no cursor while editing Notes) on my secondary monitor after update. (Win 10, Logos 8.9)  When I move the Logos screen to my main monitor, it works normally. 

Posts 2
Rayk | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 22 2019 8:05 PM

@Jack I got the same problem:

Logos 8.9 SR-1 and Windows 10 with secondary monitor

My workaround for now is to separate the notes tab and move it to the first monitor. 

Would be interested to hear if there is a fix coming for this (might be Windows related though)

Posts 405
Danny Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 7 2019 3:27 PM

I also have the same problem on second or third monitor. Fine on primary. 

Posts 848
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 7 2019 3:44 PM

Rayk:

@Jack I got the same problem:

My workaround for now is to separate the notes tab and move it to the first monitor. 

Good workaround.

Posts 58
Geoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 10 2019 11:31 AM

Sorry I missed these replies but I am glad I am not the only one having these issues. Thanks for the workaround

Posts 321
Michael Parry-Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 2 2020 4:30 PM

I use a laptop with a USB port 2nd monitor 

The usb monitor has been split into 3 window dividers 

I run logos open to a custom layout, I then flot a resource and send it to the 2nd monitor 

1st window divider. I do this till I have the 2nd USB monitor full 

Because my dyslexia gets the better of me I also use a customised  keypad which has

Some of the shortcut  programmed to use just one of the keys with images on the. Keys 

Reminding me of the function

Mick
Posts 3018
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 9 2020 2:24 PM

Geoff:

This has been fixed in 8.14.

Posts 58
Geoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 10 2020 2:53 PM

Thank you

Posts 405
Danny Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 15 2020 4:16 PM

Confirmed fix for me. Thanks

Page 2 of 2 (40 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS