Personal Book not built in compiled font + Graphics don't display!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 4
Barry van der Merwe | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 12 2013 8:45 AM

I've compiled 2 Personal books using the same PC and method. The first one was originally a PDF document that I converted to a *.docx document and added headings etc. to give it the proper L5 resource attributes. I then created the second Personal book from a e-Book, converting it to *.docx. I followed the same procedure but this time the book won't display in the font I created it and on top of it, the book won't display any pictures.

How do I rectify this? I tried changing the font in the original document and then changing it back but with the same results. I even deleted the book from my L5 library and then added it again to no avail.

Posts 25339
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 12 2013 8:53 AM

Hi Barry

Does http://community.logos.com/forums/t/62408.aspx help with the fonts question?

If not, are you able to provide details as to what fonts you are using?

Barry v/d Merwe:
and on top of it, the book won't display any pictures.

In some cases, pictures need to be imported from the desktop not just pasted in, and Text Wrapping needs to be set to "In Line" - see http://wiki.logos.com/Personal_Books#Problems_you_may_encounter for discussions on this and other issues.

Graham 

Posts 4
Barry van der Merwe | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 14 2013 3:58 AM

Hi Graham

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction even though the suggestions did not work for me. What did work was that I selected Change Styles > Style Set >Default (Black and White). Once I did that the BB recognized my fonts and I could continue with the formatting of the document.

With regards to the Pictures. I didn't know what Type of picture format the pictures in the document was. I copied the pictures into Paint and saved it as *.jpg. I then re-inserted in the document and set Wrapping as "Behind Text". By doing so I could set the position of the pictures. I had to play around with this before I got the desired result in Logos even if two of the pictures are overlapping in the original document.

Barry

Posts 4
Barry van der Merwe | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 14 2013 4:05 AM

PS: I found that when pictures are "Grouped" the don't display in your Personal Book.

Barry

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS