Page 4 of 7 (124 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last »
This post has 123 Replies | 17 Followers

Posts 254
danwdoo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 29 2014 11:15 PM

Let's hope that universal apps will be a catalyst. With one app needing only interface changes to run on Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1, maybe that will be enough of a market boost to help them reconsider. Big Smile

Posts 2736
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 30 2014 5:24 AM

After I got new OS update Windows Phone 8.1 to my Nokia Lumia 820 I am sure I am not alone seeing how great advance that platform has experienced recently. I am sure the market share will grow rapidly. Logos will notice, I hope. 

Bohuslav

Posts 153
Rob Kuefner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 30 2014 7:10 AM

Having had a Windows phone now for about 6 months, I know I won't be going back to an Android phone, my previous phone experience. I've never had a IPhone, but had an Ipad and gave it to my son so I could have a new surface, and couldn't be happier. I do think Logos is missing the boat on the windows ecosystem, especially in the mobile apps. I just see a growing market as people try it out. It's begun to make an impact on my investment in Logos resources. I have some pre-pubs I've kept but recently decided not to go for the Logos Lutheran base packages... if I saw any movement toward support for the windows ecosystem in the mobile side of things, (and not just Biblia in a browser), then I'd be more inclined to continue to invest in resources. I love Logos and have used it since 95, but I'm disappointed in their decision not to include windows mobile options. I even suggested in one thread somewhere that they consider making an app through community development offerings... I'd support that. Ah well... I still wait... and am glad to see an uptick in requests, which confirms my suspicion that Windows phone and apps are growing.

Posts 232
Genghis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 30 2014 3:34 PM

Logos is looking for more US WP users.  I see that market share figures from Kantar show that WP has reached 5.3.  I suspect Logos won't seriously consider developing an app until it reaches double figures.  The best way to bring forward a Logos app is to enthusiastically promote Windows Phones to your friends and relatives.  So far, I've converted my wife and my in-laws...

Posts 232
Genghis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 30 2014 3:38 PM

Robert C. Kuefner Jr.:

...(and not just Biblia in a browser),...

The trouble with Biblia is that expensive data charges are incurred if used to look something up while listening to a sermon in Church.  I haven't been able to convince our church to offer free WiFi yet.  Though I think it will be inevitable that this will be a feature of the modern church. 

Posts 23
Jason Drake | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 2 2014 1:39 PM

I'd like to chime in that I would also absolutely LOVE to see a Logos App for Windows Phone. With the new Universal Apps approach(http://www.pcworld.com/article/2142706/universal-apps-herald-cheaper-windows-store-prices.html ) as well as Microsoft's eagerness to work with mobile developers I'm really hoping that Logos will decide to go for it! Please don't look just at the Window Phone marketshare in this decision-making process but at how a Universal App would work on Windows Phone and on Windows 8/8.1 PCs. Microsoft has even been willing to fund some companies to help grow the ecosystem even more so that could be a possibility, and/or asking for the Logos community to help fund the project. I'd certainly be willing to chip in on a Kickstarter type funding campaign. Please Logos, let's make this dream a reality!!

Posts 2736
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 3 2014 12:39 AM

Jason Drake:

I'd like to chime in that I would also absolutely LOVE to see a Logos App for Windows Phone. With the new Universal Apps approach(http://www.pcworld.com/article/2142706/universal-apps-herald-cheaper-windows-store-prices.html ) as well as Microsoft's eagerness to work with mobile developers I'm really hoping that Logos will decide to go for it! Please don't look just at the Window Phone marketshare in this decision-making process but at how a Universal App would work on Windows Phone and on Windows 8/8.1 PCs. Microsoft has even been willing to fund some companies to help grow the ecosystem even more so that could be a possibility, and/or asking for the Logos community to help fund the project. I'd certainly be willing to chip in on a Kickstarter type funding campaign. Please Logos, let's make this dream a reality!!

Yes

Bohuslav

Posts 7
Gerard Wolfert | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 8 2014 4:30 AM

Yes

Posts 21
Johannes Klein | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 8 2014 5:07 AM

Yes I'd like to help some as well.

Posts 1
James Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 8 2014 7:41 AM

I would love to have a Windows Phone 8 app. and a Surface RT app. Bring it on.

Posts 46
Terry Roberts | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 10 2014 10:29 PM

Read a rumor yesterday regarding a new Windows Phone 8. Rumor has it, it will an HTC One W8.  If it's spec'd similar to the M8 (Snapdragon 801, 2gb ram, 16/32gb storage plus sd support upto 128gb) it'll be a beast of a phone - absolutely perfect for Logos (hey Logos! hint, hint). 

Posts 3
Eric Roberts | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 13 2014 10:15 PM

I know 4 people including me with Windows Phone's who would like a Logos App, so I will give 4 thumbs up.  One for each of us. 

YesYesYesYes

Posts 1
Ram Kalaskar | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 27 2014 11:40 PM

Yes there are now more and more people waiting for Logos Bible App in Windows Phone...

I've now joined the club too :)

Posts 21
Johannes Klein | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 27 2014 11:53 PM

@ Logos: There are a couple people in this forum who said they'd be willing to even help finance a Windows Phone app (and that willingness would certainly increase if it could be a universal app, thereby improving on the current WinRT app). Could'nt you calculate how much funding you would need so that a solid app at about the current android / iOS stage would become reasonable for you and then start something like "community pricing" for this app?

Posts 27
Mark Groen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 28 2014 7:24 AM

I would be interested in community pricing for a WP 8 app also.

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 28 2014 7:43 AM

There is always kickstarter too.

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 2736
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 28 2014 9:59 PM

Good idea. 

Bohuslav

Posts 6
P. R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 23 2014 4:53 PM

Johannes Klein:

@ Logos: There are a couple people in this forum who said they'd be willing to even help finance a Windows Phone app (and that willingness would certainly increase if it could be a universal app, thereby improving on the current WinRT app). Could'nt you calculate how much funding you would need so that a solid app at about the current android / iOS stage would become reasonable for you and then start something like "community pricing" for this app?

Ain't a half-bad idea at all.  Lack of Logos on my W8 stuff is realistically the only thing that is keeping me on iPad at all, anymore.  Otherwise, I'd probably upgrade to a Windows tablet and have more money for Logos books.  I'd Community Price or Pre-Pub it if that were an option.

Posts 2
Adam Spence | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 23 2014 6:18 AM

Percentage of market share is not a particularly good benchmark to analyse, when you're talking about hundreds of millions of smartphone users. Even small percentages indicate millions of users. In Jan 2014, over 50 million people were using Windows Phone (and a significant number of that is WP8). The investment required to design an app would be relatively insignificant given such huge numbers of users. It's disappointing that Logos have not considered the basic maths of this. What's more disappointing is spending thousands of dollars on their library, only to discover that they're dragging their heals with app development. Please Logos, let's get on top of this.

Posts 30
Peter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 23 2014 7:54 PM

Thanks Adam. This is a good analysis of the realities we face as Windows users. I had to purchase a Surface Pro 2 rather than my preferred option of a much lighter Surface 2 just so I could run my Logos software (don't mention the appalling excuse for the Windows RT app). The only issues now relate to the fact that the software is not optimised for either the smaller form factor i.e.. Tablet, Ultrabook, or the touch screen interface. Both my principal devices are running Windows 8.1 and both are touch screen. On my little Android tablet I can highlight and make notes and change from day to night reading all using a touch interface and it's been that way for a couple of years. Wake up LOGOS and give me a touch enabled reading view that lets me highlight etc. on my laptop and Surface Pro 2. The other issue is of course that we still do not have any app for Windows Phone 8. Surely not everyone at LOGOS is so Apple orientated that they don't care about Windows.

Page 4 of 7 (124 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS