Props to Logos

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 21 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 87
Ray D | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 10 2009 7:31 AM

To the brethren at Logos,

I know that you have taken some lumps in the last few weeks in rolling out Logos 4. Lord willing, He will use all that to His glory. Sure thankful that we serve a God of grace. :-)

As I was preparing for my Sunday sermon this morning, using Logos 4 of course, a heart of gratitude came over me for you, the saints  at Logos!. As a pastor and long time Logos 3 user with a few weeks behind me on Logos 4. I just wanted to say that Logos 4 is totally awesome. And to think, it just gets better from here. The new interface is the bomb! What a blessing! I sure am looking forward to enhancements and improvements of future revisions, but in my humble opinion it's just going to make what is already great even greater. :-) I love God's Word and props to you for developing an awesome tool that allows me with great ease to go deeper into God's truth.

Thank you in Jesus Name for your efforts in developing Logos 4, I see it as a commitment to partner with me and many others in the furtherance of the gospel.

Grace & peace!

Ray D

Posts 298
Kaye Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 7:51 AM

Yes Amen

"But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry."  2 Timothy 4:5 (NASB)

Posts 67
Aaron Kesson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 8:10 AM

Amen! Yes

Grace and Peace,

-Rev. Aaron Kesson

http://www.aaronkesson.com

Posts 569
J. Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 8:25 AM

+1 Yes

Posts 8
Robert F. Green | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 8:27 AM

I have used a lot of software over the last 26 years, some of it high-end,  yet L4 and prior versions are second to none by a very wide margin  in the amount of use, satisfaction, and pure enjoyment I've gotten out of them.

Posts 28
Karen Campbell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 8:55 AM

Yes

Posts 746
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 9:08 AM

YesYesYesYesYes

Posts 3004
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 9:12 AM

Yes well said; ditto from me

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 9:45 AM

Ok..first off....

It made me choke up a little to read your words of gratitude...I have the same; though I'm just a layman...

Second....a Pastor's recommendation seen on a Logos T-shirt

"It's da bomb"....

Big Smile

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 274
Mike W | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 9:47 AM

Yes The new version is exceptional.  I've used Logos for almost ten years and am still figuring out L3.  With L4 I find that I'm using the software almost daily,  not just for research on specific questions like I was with L3.  I appreciate the choice to keep the interface simple with commands placed where they are used (ie, different commands in different panes).  Also letting us choose fonts and sizes makes the resources much more readable for me.  Kudos to Bob and the developers Yes

Posts 727
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 9:53 AM

Yes Yes Yes

Posts 187
Anthony Etienne | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 10:17 AM

Amenl Ray, Amen!

TonyYes

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 10:17 AM

Robert Pavich:

Ok..first off....

It made me choke up a little to read your words of gratitude...I have the same; though I'm just a layman...

Second....a Pastor's recommendation seen on a Logos T-shirt

"It's da bomb"....

Big Smile

Well, there you have it folks:

Logos Bible software is appreciated by pastors and laymen alike.

"It's da bomb!"      ---  Pastor Ray D (sounds like a Rap star, don't it?) Star

"I'm so happy I can cry." --- a humble, shy layman.    Crying             

Thanks Robert, me too.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 411
Ken Shawver | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 10:27 AM

Ray thanks for expressing your thoughts and appreciation so well. I know for me the sentiments are very much the same. As one working to put together a discipleship ministry have been eternally blessed by the Father to have purchased my first L3 package and to continue to grow in God's Word. Logos has been such an instrumental part of my grow by giving me tools to dig deeper and grow more than I had ever thought possible.

Robert, your comments I can heartly agree, because the deeper I dig the more humble I become in the awesomeness of who God is and what Jesus did for me personally on Calvary.

Thanks all.

Yes YesYes

In Christ,

Ken

Dell Studio 1555; 15.6 True Life LCD; Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.20 GHz, 2M Cache, 800 MHz FSB ; 500GB 5400 HDD; 8GB RAM, Win 10, Chrome 70

http://wiki.logos.com/

Posts 187
Anthony Etienne | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 10:33 AM

LOL!!!! Hahaha Matthew you are funny!

I'm grateful too for the Logos 4 medium as well as version 3.

Tony

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 1:19 PM

Having "long term" experience with L3 and as much time as possible with L4, I concur. 

+1 from me.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 286
Dr. Charles A. Wootten | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 1:32 PM

I'm not sure what the colloquialism (or slang?) "props" actually means, but seeing the other responses here it must be something good. So, I have to totally agree! This is one great piece of software!! YesYesYesYesYesYes

God bless

{charley}

hmm...it means "proper respect" according to a define: search. "Fascinating," said Spock.

Big Smile

running Logos Bible Software 6.0a: Collector's Edition on HP e9220y (AMD Phenom II X4 2.60GHz 8.00GB 64-bit Win 7 Pro SP1) & iPad (mini) apps.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 1:39 PM

Dr. Charles A. Wootten:
I'm not sure what the colloquialism (or slang?) "props" actually means, but seeing the other responses here it must be something good. So, I have to totally agree! This is one great piece of software!! YesYesYesYesYesYes

Kudos, accolades,  deserved recognition for a job well done. 

Yes Dr., it is a good compliment & a true one.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 2:45 PM

And I'll add my hardy AMEN!

For all those Logos employees out there, you may feel like your somewhere in the middle of "Its A Wonderful Life" right now but don't worry, the end of the movie is coming :-)

Posts 1723
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 11:58 PM

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. I'm about 1200 threads behind in the forum (down from 1500 just tonight!), and it's nice to come across one like this!

-- Bob

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS