Inconsistent hyperlinking in notes

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2983
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 10 2009 10:40 AM

I've never quite gotten my notes to function consistently (or I'm being inconsistent without knowing it). Look at the screenshot of a note I wrote today and sometimes the verses are linked and sometimes they aren't. I can't figure out what I'm doing differently when they create links and when they don't.

Also how do I use the hyperlink box? I try highlighting a piece of text and pasting a url hyperlink from within Logos and nothing happens. So I end up just pasting the ugly link in just so I can find locations of quotes in the future.

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 139
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 2:31 PM

I've tagged a few posts with 'hyperlinking', which you can find here: http://community.logos.com/forums/tags/hyperlinks/default.aspx

The short summary is that the functionality of the hyperlink box isn't complete yet, not all Libronix 3 hyperlinks are supported (that might explain your pasting problem), only 'http:' hyperlinks work, and there are other gotchas. For the short term, pasting the ugly link in will be necessary in some cases.

Posts 32157
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 6:34 PM

Jacob Hantla:
Also how do I use the hyperlink box? I try highlighting a piece of text and pasting a url hyperlink from within Logos and nothing happens. So I end up just pasting the ugly link in just so I can find locations of quotes in the future.

If what you need is simply the text on a mouse-over and in the information pane, you can simply highlight the citation, copy (control -C) and paste it into the URL box. This allows the notes to get picked up for My Content. If you are typing the note in, the link is made automatically.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2983
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 8:05 PM

MJ. Smith:

If you are typing the note in, the link is made automatically.

That the bug I'm reporting. This screenshot was me typing. Sometimes the link is made automatically; sometimes it isn't.

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 32157
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 8:48 PM

Jacob Hantla:
Sometimes the link is made automatically; sometimes it isn't.

Odd, it always make the link for me when I have a space after the citation or after the punctuation following the citation. It is copy & paste where I get unpredictable results.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS