BUG: Setting bookmarks

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 235
Tom Geswein | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Mar 23 2013 9:38 PM

I discovered this today while using L4 and then saw that it also occurs in L5.  A lot of times when I am just reading through a resource, I will open the resource in a floating window.  If I open up the Favorites menu and click on "Set" in the bookmarks list, it does not set the bookmark in the book I am reading, even though the floating window is selected.  It always sets the bookmark to the last selected docked panel.  If I use the shortcut key (Ctrl+Shift+9), it works properly.  This has been repeatable for me.  I am assuming that this is happening because my Favorites list is not in the floating window and is de-selecting the floating window when I click in the Favorites list.  If the Favorites list is in the floating window, it works properly, so this may not necessarily be a bug...

"It seems our problems solve themselves when we look beyond us to those truly in hell."  -  Beyond Our Suffering - AILD

Posts 26961
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 24 2013 1:36 AM

Tom Geswein:
If the Favorites list is in the floating window, it works properly, so this may not necessarily be a bug...

It's worthwhile posting to see what Logos say!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 10832
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 24 2013 3:31 AM

Tom Geswein:
If I open up the Favorites menu and click on "Set" in the bookmarks list, it does not set the bookmark in the book I am reading, even though the floating window is selected.  It always sets the bookmark to the last selected docked panel. 

Highlighting works much the same way. Can be quite frustrating at times.

Highlighting will be correctly applied if nothing has been selected in a docked window, but if any text has been selected in a docked window, the highlighting will be applied there.

Posts 3189
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 1 2013 2:51 PM

I filed a report about this. 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS