Classic Commentaries and Studies on Psalms

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 25 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 607
John Kaess | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 27 2013 3:46 AM

This title was supposed to ship yesterday (3/26).

While I certainly can understand an occasional item missing a ship date, is it wrong to expect that the Orders section of my account be updated to reflect a change in ship date?

I know it is silly, but I spent a large portion of yesterday checking my email for notice that the set had shipped.  I've been looking forward to this set for quite a while. 

No harm done in missing the ship date, but please keep us informed by updating the status of the set.

John Kaess

Posts 9609
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 27 2013 4:57 AM

Managing expectations is a key part of running a quality business. We all know that plans do not always turn out the way we anticipate so your request to at least communicate that in some format is reasonable.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 27 2013 5:16 AM

Since it is no longer listed as a Pre-pub and shows it can be purchased right now, I would say it likely went on the server yesterday as scheduled. It is possible that your email was delayed. This happens occasionally, especially when it is a popular resource coming out. Chances are you will get an email today letting you know it has been unlocked for you and is ready for download. The other option would be to call customer service and they can check your account and handle it for you.

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 27 2013 5:34 AM

EDIT - Essentially said the same thing as the preceding post!

Posts 42
JOSHUA DAVIS | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 27 2013 7:23 AM

I also ordered this set via CP and just got done talking with a Logos Sales Agent and he said that they are a little  backed up right now in trying to get this Commentary Set to everyone who ordered it, but that we should see it in our libraries by the end of the day.  Hope that helps.

Posts 2142
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 27 2013 7:43 AM

Patience is supposed to be a virtue. 

Posts 4138
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 27 2013 8:26 AM

I've noticed this with other pre-pub/cp items. The day they are released it seems to be a staggered release.

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 27 2013 8:36 AM

abondservant:

I've noticed this with other pre-pub/cp items. The day they are released it seems to be a staggered release.

I think it largely depends on how many orders they have to process for that particular resource. I am sure there are other factors and considerations as well.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 27 2013 8:39 AM

Peace to my Forums' Brothers and Sisters!

Am quite excited about this one ...        also    the Price!              Less than a Canadian Dollar a book!  Incredible!

This is Holy Week, so I don't really have time to properly peruse it when I do receive my order; however, I am still quite excited!

Thank God!                      Thank You, Logos People!          *smile*

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 995
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 27 2013 11:08 AM

Downloading mine as I type Smile

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 27 2013 12:06 PM

Me too!

Posts 4138
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 27 2013 12:10 PM

Fredc:

abondservant:

I think it largely depends on how many orders they have to process for that particular resource. I am sure there are other factors and considerations as well.

Helps keep distrobution costs down, by allowing more to download without the servers becoming overwhelmed. Keeps a higher level of quality in their distribution schema. Even if it means some people (like me sometimes) who sit there and watch their email, have to sit a little longer haha.

It'll come when it comes, I'm not in any overwhelming rush to get it. Though I am excited about it.

I recently got an advance copy of a professors book that will be going in one of the better known (and sold by logos) commentary series. It is also on the psalms.  Pretty excited about that. even if its not quite finished.

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 9609
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 27 2013 12:50 PM

This is a much anticipated day! Gift

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 651
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 27 2013 1:13 PM

I've had these on my "hurry up and get them" list for quite a while...I took a grad class on the Psalms last Spring (and I could have really used them then) and now I am just finishing up teaching a course in the Psalms (and I could have really used them now)...and today, I get them...oh well, I am very happy to have them now...and we all should continue to learn, so I have some new reading material for when I get to teach the Psalms again. Geeked. Thank you Logos.

Posts 607
John Kaess | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 27 2013 1:22 PM

Still no joy for me.  Impatiently and expectantly waiting.

Posts 176
Jim Snowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 27 2013 2:48 PM

Maybe try typing Update resouces in the box next to the Tools menu. That forces Logos program to check. I just did that and it is now downloading 88.6Mb updates, so hopefully that is my Psalms!

Jim

Posts 607
John Kaess | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 27 2013 3:25 PM

Jim Snowden:

Maybe try typing Update resouces in the box next to the Tools menu. That forces Logos program to check. I just did that and it is now downloading 88.6Mb updates, so hopefully that is my Psalms!

But I have not yet received an email and my Orders page shows that it has not yet shipped, so doing an update at this point won't matter.

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 27 2013 5:28 PM

I would suggest contacting customer service. There may be some other issue in your case they need to resolve

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 27 2013 5:53 PM

He's not the only one with this issue.  And apparently they're too busy to get out the immensely popular Exegetical Summary of Mark 1-8 as well.

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 607
John Kaess | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 27 2013 6:09 PM

Finally got the email and downloaded the set.

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS