The correct way to Hijack a thread

Page 25 of 34 (674 items) « First ... < Previous 23 24 25 26 27 Next > ... Last »
This post has 673 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2009 7:35 PM | Locked

MJ. Smith:

There is a decent classical cd named Magnificat with a cat on the front. - my cat recommends it.

Bach?  That's the only way a cat gets in my house.  Ruff, ruff !

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 376
Dan Sheppard | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2009 8:05 PM | Locked

George Somsel:

Ruff ruff, you say.  I think your Bach might be worse than your perceived bite.

But perhaps you might consider some Meowzart.

Posts 3752
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2009 8:14 PM | Locked

George Somsel:
Bach

Humbug!

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 709
Russ Quinn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2009 8:32 PM | Locked

Bill Stonebraker:

Humbug!

Well, I haven't had any problems with humming but I am using a Mac.

If this bug persists, please either

1. Submit a bug report through email to tech support
  2. Create a new thread with a descriptive title and explain the exact problem
  3. Submit it on the Wiki here: http://wiki.logos.com/Logos_4_Bugs

Posts 19361
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2009 10:44 PM | Locked

JackCaviness:

My kind of combo! Geeked

I heard a good jazz combo the other day.

Dan Sheppard:

...cat scan...

A man runs into the vet's office carrying his dog, screaming for help. The vet rushes him back to an examination room and has him put his dog down on the examination table. The vet examines the still, limp body and after a few moments tells the man that his dog, regrettably, is dead. The man, clearly agitated and not willing to accept this, demands a second opinion. The vet goes into the back room and comes out with a cat and puts the cat down next to the dog's body. The cat sniffs the body, walks from head to tail poking and sniffing the dog's body and finally looks at the vet and meows. The vet looks at the man and says, "I'm sorry, but the cat thinks that your dog is dead too." The man is still unwilling to accept that his dog is dead. The vet brings in a black Labrador. The lab sniffs the body, walks from head to tail, and finally looks at the vet and barks. The vet looks at the man and says, "I'm sorry, but the lab thinks your dog is dead too." The man, finally resigned to the diagnosis, thanks the vet and asks how much he owes. The vet answers, "$650." "$650 to tell me my dog is dead?" exclaimed the man.... "Well," the vet replies, "I would only have charged you $50 for my initial diagnosis. The additional $600 was for the cat scan and lab test."

Dan Sheppard:

George Somsel:

Ruff ruff, you say.  I think your Bach might be worse than your perceived bite.

But perhaps you might consider some Meowzart.

He probably likes Wagner better. Actually, you can't Telemann what kind of music he might like; all you can do is Lizst some suggestions.

Posts 376
Dan Sheppard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2009 12:04 AM | Locked

AW, Rosie.

I am going to have to go Chopin for some ice cream, now.  I am holding out for raspberry Schubert.

Posts 19361
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2009 1:53 AM | Locked

Dan Sheppard:

AW, Rosie.

I am going to have to go Chopin for some ice cream, now.  I am holding out for raspberry Schubert.

Let me be Franck with you: Glück out for calories! You might not be able to Handel them, and then you'll be Haydn from your personal trainer who will want you to take a Fauré into the gym to work Orff the fat.

At the risk of getting too far on topic, let me recommend The Spiritual Lives of the Great Composers.

Posts 376
Dan Sheppard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 12:00 AM | Locked

Speaking of hijacking a thread, my cat came into the living room, with my wife's yarn. 

Can one KILL yarn?

And Merry New Year's Eve.  Let's hope the responses on this thread will be better in the new year.  They sure can't get any worse.

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 12:55 AM | Locked

Dan Sheppard:
Let's hope the responses on this thread will be better in the new year.  They sure can't get any worse.

Oh come now, Dan.  There's no end of foolishness.  Surely things will pickup again when folks get back from the holidays and need a break from sanity!

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 19361
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 5:37 AM | Locked

Dan Sheppard:

...my wife's yarn. 

Ah, so your wife's a storyteller, is she?

Dan Sheppard:

Can one KILL yarn?

Well, if it's a process, you can kill it. (You can kill a thread, too. And yarn is a kind of thread so I suppose you can always kill yarn.) I was going to make up a dummy application called yarn.exe with a cute yarn icon and redo this screen shot with it in the place of logos4.exe, but it got to be too complicated, and even I don't have that kind of time to waste... ;-)

Posts 23
Kevin Nicholas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 5:57 AM | Locked

May everyone have a happy new year.

Posts 2859
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 11:45 AM | Locked

Damian wrote on another thread."These forums exist to discuss Logos Bible Software". "Can we please drop this wildly Off Topic thread..." ? The same applies here.Wink

Ted

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 2:50 PM | Locked

As long as this thread is active it keeps the weirdos (like dan ) from playing in the streets.

Have a safe and happy weekend everybody. Pray that 2010 will see the gospel message carried to every corner of the globe.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 225
Michael Birney | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 6:16 PM | Locked

Happy new year.

I see you all using this thread to boost your post count.  We should start a thread to discuss how those with very high post counts need to be more humble than those with less lower post counts so that they will not somehow hurt the conscious of the lower post count persons.  I will be posting frequently on this very issue until my post count is such that I will have to stop posting.

Posts 709
Russ Quinn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 6:22 PM | Locked

Michael Birney:

conscious

I think you may be grossly overestimating the contributors to this thread.

I am almost certain George isn't conscious.

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 8:04 PM | Locked

Michael Birney:

Happy new year.

I see you all using this thread to boost your post count.  We should start a thread to discuss how those with very high post counts need to be more humble than those with less lower post counts so that they will not somehow hurt the conscious of the lower post count persons.  I will be posting frequently on this very issue until my post count is such that I will have to stop posting.

Speaking of thread counts, I prefer Bed sheets with at least a 600. They are more comfy then those low quality Walmart 300 thread count sheets.

Posts 225
Michael Birney | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 12:35 PM | Locked

Well I am on occasion a contentious speller, but very seldom a conscientious speller.  I would say that often we are not conscious of our capability to cook couscous or to cut someone’s conscience.  I am a little confused, but I consider that is correct.

Posts 186
Robert G. Mettler | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 1:02 PM | Locked

Damian wrote on another thread."These forums exist to discuss Logos Bible Software". "Can we please drop this wildly Off Topic thread..." ? The same applies here.Wink

Ted

Received my logos 4 disk in the mail, but can’t figure out how to make it work on my TI-99 or on my Commodore 64.

Also question; will the iphone app. Work with my Sinclair?

Posts 709
Russ Quinn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 2:57 PM | Locked

Philip Spitzer:

From what I've read, a lot of people thought the graphics were pretty good but questioned the film's historical veracity.

A friend of mine recently recommended Avatar as a film with both excellent graphics and historical veracity.

Any opinions (he asks rhetorically)?

Posts 709
Russ Quinn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 2:59 PM | Locked

Philip Spitzer:

Speaking of thread counts, I prefer Bed sheets with at least a 600. They are more comfy then those low quality Walmart 300 thread count sheets.

Seriously, though, I've never taken the time to verify the counts.

Page 25 of 34 (674 items) « First ... < Previous 23 24 25 26 27 Next > ... Last » | RSS