The correct way to Hijack a thread

Page 27 of 34 (674 items) « First ... < Previous 25 26 27 28 29 Next > ... Last »
This post has 673 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 3750
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 1:37 PM | Locked

Alex Scott:

Daisy.

I'm getting Daffy... does that count?

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 1:39 PM | Locked

Bill Stonebraker:
I'm getting Daffy... does that count?

At least for one more count.

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 3750
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 1:45 PM | Locked

Alex Scott:
one more count

+1

Big Smile

Grace & Peace,
Bill

iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 19333
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 2:09 PM | Locked

Bill Stonebraker:

Alex Scott:
one more count

+1

Big Smile

Oh come on, we've already been through all the counts and earls and things. I can't think of any more. Oh, how about Count Dracula? Or Count Chocula? Or Count Pointercount? Or Count Down? Or Bank A. Count? Or Count R. Intuitive?

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 2:11 PM | Locked

If I deleted my last post, would that be one less count?

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 2:30 PM | Locked

Rosie Perera:
Oh come on, we've already been through all the counts and earls and things. I can't think of any more. Oh, how about Count Dracula? Or Count Chocula? Or Count Pointercount? Or Count Down? Or Bank A. Count? Or Count R. Intuitive?

You forgot Count R. Pane.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 709
Russ Quinn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 2:34 PM | Locked

Alex Scott:

Yeah, but there's no Daisy here.

Val Kilmer was a great Doc Holiday in Tombstone.

Posts 19333
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 2:44 PM | Locked

George Somsel:

Rosie Perera:

You forgot Count R. Pane.

Don't countradict me. I wasn't trying to be exhaustive. We've got the NAS Exhaustive Concordance and the Exhaustive Dictionary of Biblical Names for that. Besides, I'm already exhausted. But if you really want me to countinue, there's Count N. Ance, Count Ree, and good old מָנָה.

Posts 709
Russ Quinn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 5:15 PM | Locked

George Somsel:

U. S. House of Representatives

Apparently they are trying to shut down our thread by taxing our servers!

See here: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/8623.aspx

I say let's vote them all out!!!

Posts 22
Tom Gray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 7:52 PM | Locked

Russ Quinn:

George Somsel:

Apparently they are trying to shut down our thread by taxing our servers!

I don't mind them taxing the waiters/waitresses, but they are taxing my patience too. Sad

Not to mention Heart A Tax; Dallax, Taxes, Tax A Dermy, or Ar Tax Xerxes

Posts 376
Dan Sheppard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 8:03 PM | Locked

Alex Scott:
If I deleted my last post, would that be one less count?

No, Alex.

That is a dis-count.

Posts 376
Dan Sheppard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 8:05 PM | Locked

Russ Quinn:

No doubt, your example of a NO-ac-count.

Posts 376
Dan Sheppard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 8:07 PM | Locked

Rosie Perera:
We've got the NAS Exhaustive Concordance

Just wondering Rosie, how often you use your count-cordance....

Posts 709
Russ Quinn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 9:40 PM | Locked

The trouble a lot of people were having with L4 that was caused by the date made me realize . . .

today's date is a PALINDROME (I learned that on this thread)!

Posts 19333
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 10:06 PM | Locked

Tom Gray:

Not to mention Heart A Tax; Dallax, Taxes, Tax A Dermy, or Ar Tax Xerxes

And Thumb Tax. And Hail A. Tax, E(sq.)

Dan Sheppard:

Just wondering Rosie, how often you use your count-cordance....

I don't know. I've lost count. Actually, I think it's pretty silly to have a concordance resource in Logos when Logos search can generate any concordance you need on the fly. This this explanation from the Logos blog of why there is no Strong's Exhaustive Concordance in Logos. So why should there be a NAS Exhaustive Concordance?

Russ Quinn:

The trouble a lot of people were having with L4 that was caused by the date made me realize . . .

today's date is a PALINDROME (I learned that on this thread)! 

Ah, that must be the problem! Some programmer forgot that when the date is a Palin-drome, the software will just quit on you. ;-)  (Had to get a little political jab in there.)

Posts 3750
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 10:18 PM | Locked

Rosie Perera:
pretty silly to have a concordance resource in Logos when Logos search can generate any concordance you need on the fly.

Hi Rosie,

Although I can't speak for academia, since I'm not an academic, I can observe that a published concordance can be checked... others can verify its accuracy. Scholastically, unless such a work (Strong's, NASB's Exhaustive, etc.) exists to compare Logos against, how can we certify its accuracy sufficiently for academia?

To my knowledge, your question represents the 1st time since 1994 that ANYONE has expressed that level of confidence in the e-results we could get on Logos. Too often in the past, Logos results were questioned because they didn't find some instance or other of a particular word that appeared in (you name the) concordance.

But, to keep more in the spirit of recent posts in this thread, who's COUNT-ing, anyway?

Grace & Peace,
Bill

iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 10:29 PM | Locked

Bill Stonebraker:
To my knowledge, your question represents the 1st time since 1994 that ANYONE has expressed that level of confidence in the e-results we could get on Logos. Too often in the past, Logos results were questioned because they didn't find some instance or other of a particular word that appeared in (you name the) concordance.

You are in error there since I personally questioned the need for a concordance in Logos (probably) within the last 2 yrs.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 3750
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 10:32 PM | Locked

Thanks for the correction, George.... Your question is still rather recent... only within the last 2 years... Logos has come a long way from 1.6 & 2.0, & even early 3.0.

Blessings!

Wink Were you speaking for academia?

Grace & Peace,
Bill

iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 19333
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 10:40 PM | Locked

Bill Stonebraker:

Although I can't speak for academia, since I'm not an academic, I can observe that a published concordance can be checked... others can verify its accuracy. Scholastically, unless such a work (Strong's, NASB's Exhaustive, etc.) exists to compare Logos against, how can we certify its accuracy sufficiently for academia?

I wasn't saying we need to eradicate print-based concordances. Of course it's still valid to want to check the results in Logos against a print-based concordance, and one always can if one is worried. But...you'd better believe a lot of those print-based concordances are generated by computers these days... ;-)  And a lot of the monks and scribes that made concordances manually in the olden days were error-prone, too. Besides, if Logos has produced a print-based concordance like the NAS Exhaustive in Logos format, but you don't trust Logos programmers entirely (and I don't either -- I am a programmer and I know how fallible we are), then who's to say they didn't accidentally delete some of the instances of a word from the print-based version when tagging it for Logos format? So can we really trust Logos's version of the NAS Exhaustive as a resource to check Logos's own search results against? I think not.

This is getting too serious, though. I just wanted to come up with a counterexample to tweak your nose a bit. You're down for the count. ;-) 

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 10:43 PM | Locked

Bill Stonebraker:
Wink Were you speaking for academia?

No, simply for mia.  Akkad can speak for itself (if you can read cunieform).

george
gfsomsel

Page 27 of 34 (674 items) « First ... < Previous 25 26 27 28 29 Next > ... Last » | RSS