Organizing Our Libraries

Page 4 of 4 (66 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
This post has 65 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 654
David Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 25 2013 9:17 AM

Sleiman:
One important thing that a collection does but a tag doesn't is categorizing where the 'cited by' searches for results; which is hugely useful.

Denise:
all my Cited-Bys use tagging

Cited By tool allows you to use collection(s), tag(s), and rating if you so choose.  In fact, I believe the Cited-By tool includes any mytag, myrating, and collections that you create manually, in addition to collections that the software generates.

David

Posts 670
Sleiman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 25 2013 9:22 AM

David Bailey:
Cited By tool allows you to use collection(s), tag(s), and rating if you so choose.  In fact, I believe the Cited-By tool includes any mytag and myrating that you create manually, in addition to collections that the software generates.
Oh I didn't know that. Mine only shows collections (and lets me choose which ones and by what order) but not tags or ratings. Do you know how to enable those?

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 25 2013 9:44 AM

Sleiman, I think your question qualifies for a Perry Mason episode.

My Cited-By list shows resources I don't think I've ever opened, some I have currently open, all my myTags (maybe 150 or so?), and none of my collections (that I can see anyway).  I notice the order seems to be 'activity' ... my most recent myTags being at the bottom, but not all.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 670
Sleiman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 25 2013 11:38 AM

Denise:
Sleiman, I think your question qualifies for a Perry Mason episode.
ok I plead guilty. Now i see where I can turn listing by myTag and myrating. One has to assume that tags and ratings are already treated as collections in this tool. By pressing the drop down arrow on the top left of the Cited-by tab a section appears which allows one to show specific "collections". Among them (I had them off) are the automatically created collections by mytag and myrating.

Interesting to learn that tags are automatically treated as collections. So there appears to be no need to manually create a collection based on a tag, am I right or am I missing something?

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 25 2013 11:50 AM

Sleiman:
One has to assume that tags and ratings are already treated as collections in this tool.

Not only there. In most places. Basic Search. The Collections dropdown in Library...

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 25 2013 1:44 PM

David Bailey:

Sleiman:
One important thing that a collection does but a tag doesn't is categorizing where the 'cited by' searches for results; which is hugely useful.

Denise:
all my Cited-Bys use tagging

Cited By tool allows you to use collection(s), tag(s), and rating if you so choose.  In fact, I believe the Cited-By tool includes any mytag, myrating, and collections that you create manually, in addition to collections that the software generates.

David

Wow!               This is indeed A VERY IMPORTANT POST!!!            Casual users of Logos 5, please take note:

This is the reason for my "bump"!

Thanks for noticing this!                         The Power of Logos 5 is even much more powerful than I thought!            *smile*

Psalm 29:11

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Page 4 of 4 (66 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS