No Sound all of a sudden

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 356
Ralph Mauch | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Mar 31 2013 7:50 PM

I noticed with the  last update I did not have the start up sound, and then tried the midi, which also did not play correctly and no sound either.

I looked in program settings, and the option "play sounds" was on Yes.

Everything else on the PC has sound.

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 31 2013 9:33 PM

Just to check, are you on Windows7? (Don't know about Mac).

If you click on the little speaker in the Windows task bar (icon), then click on 'Mixer' down at the bottom of the main volume control, it will open the various sound controls. One of these is Logos5. Is it muted?

OT: The W7 sound level for Logos5 shows which layout you're using.  Those layout folks really know their business.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 356
Ralph Mauch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 1 2013 3:51 PM

Logos doesn't show up at all. Only speakers and and sustem sounds.

Posts 19706
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 1 2013 4:00 PM

Ralph Mauch:

Logos doesn't show up at all. Only speakers and and sustem sounds.

Applications only show up in the volume mixer when they are emitting sounds. If you're just staring at the normal Logos screen, it is silent anyway. So try getting Logos to start reading aloud (Ctrl+R) and see if it shows up in Volume Mixer then. Do you hear any sound from Logos when it's supposed to be reading aloud?

Posts 356
Ralph Mauch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 1 2013 7:41 PM

Not sure if my system is different because I have a Bose speaker system, but I can't get Logos to read aloud, it goes crazy (goes through a page in about 2 seconds without any sound) when I try. This is about 1 1/2 weeks ago, when I noticed no sound at start-up, and now no reading aloud either. The only item effected by this is Logos, everything else works fine.

I'll have to call Logos, something seems wrong, but I can't put my finger on it... and here I thought I use to be pretty computer savvy Smile.

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 1 2013 7:46 PM

Maybe nothing but: check the program settings and make sure that the 'Play sounds' is 'ON'[yes]

DISCLAIMER: What you do on YOUR computer is your doing.

Posts 356
Ralph Mauch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 2 2013 7:02 PM

Well, I turned off Sound to "NO", and them shut down Logos. The first time it didn't do anything (when I restarted), but after doing it again, and rebooting last night, it started today with sound, and the read aloud worked as it is suppose to also. Weird, is all I can say, but I do have sound again.

Thanks for all the help

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS